• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
Rassie's career strike rate is 130 and in 3 matches played this year it's 140. He's opened 3 times in his career, with an average of 14 and a strike rate of 116.
Reeza's career strike rate is 133 and in 4 matches played this year it's 169. He's opened 55 times out of 58 innings, with an average of 33 and a strike rate of 134.

Why would Rassie be the better option to open?
Let's see in crunch games how Reeza does, 🤔 I'll be happy for him to prove me wrong. I rate him as a Gibbs who if he never saw his true potential .

Bahseph

International Debutant
Lol okay but quinnys is and rickleton has been on fire time will tell but only rickleton and Markram and stubbs will have int t20 futures post this wc of the 7 batsmen.
Agree on this point. Really hope Rickleton comes good across all formats for us.

ThatSportsGent

Cricket Spectator
So far strike one. 2 strikes left.
How can you say the guy hasn't earned a run in the national team? We have been way more patient with guys that have performed a lot less. Have you seen Reeza's T20 stats for the Proteas, his up there with the other guys in team?
Average of 32 over with a SR of 133.
QDK averages 32 with a SR of 137

Rassie has a slightly better average than both at 34 and but SR is lower at 130.

QDK is not that much more destructive than Reeza in the T20I scene.

ThatSportsGent

Cricket Spectator
How can you say the guy hasn't earned a run in the national team? We have been way more patient with guys that have performed a lot less. Have you seen Reeza's T20 stats for the Proteas, his up there with the other guys in team?

Rassie has a slightly better average than both at 34 and but SR is lower at 130.

IMO QDK spot is the one up for discussion, not Reeza. Whether that may be for Rickleton or Rassie(not possible atm as he is not in the squad).

Dendarii

International Debutant

And in the last two years it's
  • Reeza - average 41, strike rate 153
  • QDK - average 27, strike rate 145
  • Rassie - average 24, strike rate 127
Reeza may not have always performed that well in the past (although that would be more ODIs than T20s), but on current form there's no logical reason to leave him out.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer

I said no BMT hope I am wrong though!

ThatSportsGent

Cricket Spectator
And in the last two years it's
  • Reeza - average 41, strike rate 153
  • QDK - average 27, strike rate 145
  • Rassie - average 24, strike rate 127
Reeza may not have always performed that well in the past (although that would be more ODIs than T20s), but on current form there's no logical reason to leave him out.
How do you pull the 2 year stats? Been trying to do that

Dendarii

International Debutant
I'm still trying to process things. South Africa saving their best performance for a knockout? This is unheard of.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
This has probably been the best bowling and fielding performances ever managed at an international tournament for the Proteas..

These are usually what determines matches in big tournaments, Miller and Markram especially have been electric in the field.