• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Yeoman

U19 Captain
I do, but apparently it closes at 23.00 local time so you won't get to see much of the match.

Anyway, enjoy yourself mate. You'll be pleased to hear that it's still pissing it down here in Blighty.
Seems as if @GIMH won’t have to stay up too late after all

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Seems as if @GIMH won’t have to stay up too late after all
Yeah absolutely horrendous from Durham.

Kept trying to play stupid cross bat shots when it was skidding on at pace.

Even when they were four down rather than just see out the 20 overs and get a score. Kept going at it.

Now a ridiculous positive NRR for your lads @GIMH and horrendous for us.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. Least I only paid a quid for my ticket.

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
Northants managing to win the only close match of the night. Horrible last over from Reece but I guess they'd exhausted all their pace options by that point.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Yeah absolutely horrendous from Durham.

Kept trying to play stupid cross bat shots when it was skidding on at pace.

Even when they were four down rather than just see out the 20 overs and get a score. Kept going at it.

Now a ridiculous positive NRR for your lads @GIMH and horrendous for us.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. Least I only paid a quid for my ticket.
Lancashire selling tickets for £1 - with all their debts?

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Lancashire selling tickets for £1 - with all their debts?
Durham for tonight against Warks. Includes the Northern Diamonds game too. Was a promotional thing with SAFC.

We've got a stand blocked out for Durham students tonight who could care less about cricket. Paying £25 a pop I think.

Shame it's going to be 13 degrees later, as set to be a bumper crowd for a blast game. Might stop some that have tickets turning up.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Vaughan's son Archie has signed as a professioinal with Somerset. Which makes MV the 3rd ex- England captain blorn in Lancashire who's son is currently involved in the professional game.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
He's arse
He is certainly a prize idiot. Players have received the ‘don’t bet on cricket’ message for years now. Even if you have a proclivity for gambling (and given the number of bets over a 2-4 year period, we may assume he does), bet on another sport. I am prohibited from dealing in certain securities in my own job. If I was caught doing so j would get a lot worse than a three month suspension.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Michael Vaughan's son Archie has signed as a professioinal with Somerset. Which makes MV the 3rd ex- England captain blorn in Lancashire who's son is currently involved in the professional game.
Flintoff and Atherton presumably the other two - unless you don’t count Flintoff because he was never officially the England captain as a permanent role?

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Championship returns tomorrow.

Essex - Durham @ Chelmsford
Worcestershire - Surrey @ New Road
Nottinghamshire - Somerset @ Trent Bridge
Warwickshire - Hampshire @ Edgbaston
and the bottom two sides:
Kent - Lancashire @ Canterbury

Lancashire have 9 players unavailable:
Hartley, Buttler, Salt, Livingstone (obviously)
Aspinwall, Stanley, Morley, Boyden (all injured)
Anderson (despite previous indications that he would play this match)
Despite the above - out of choice - they deem it necessary to manage the workloads of Mahmood (ok he might not be fit) and Wood (after a few T20 games!)
Leaving just 13 contracted players available.
They don't select Singh or Bruce (no reason given and even no mention of their overseas signing on the squad announcement) and add 2 uncontracted youngsters (19 year olds) making up a travelling squad of 13. Looks like they will play 3 wicket-keepers (Hurst, Bell and Lavelle).