• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

vmaddy

Cricket Spectator
Wouldn't take in Rizwi for Thushar. Thushar is a good wicket-taker and can win you matches... Plus he can swing about just fine.. So pointless to have him.. And You can use impact sub for Mukesh as well - who (if I reemember) can swing very well.. plus - left arm angle.. Sadly he got to bowl just one over this entire season.. before being boxed away..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
this has big “you must be a chef to critique foods at restaurants and a director to critique films” energy
I dont think its an issue with stating a fact like he was unable to get the spinners away. Its the fact that they have to feed some reasons behind it as if they know what is happening that is the issue.

And at least as far as movies go, I do feel the equivalence is true.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not the first time either. He's done the whole "we don't listen to outside noise" schtick to justify some of the most terrible Test selections in recent history. Guy doesn't respond well to criticism.
I dont think it s a schtick. I think the Koach era honestly did not care what others had to say about their selections.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In a league of mostly equal strength teams at least on paper, the dew really makes it a mismatch. I think MSD suggested starting games at 8 so that the dew is almost same for both teams. Maybe they should revisit that.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
I dont think its an issue with stating a fact like he was unable to get the spinners away. Its the fact that they have to feed some reasons behind it as if they know what is happening that is the issue.

And at least as far as movies go, I do feel the equivalence is true.
Mannnn..... That's a horrible take

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mannnn..... That's a horrible take
I am not saying you cant criticize movies or obvious power trip directors like Manoj Shyamalan in that movie where he had a film critic character. But in general, commenting the movie was not good and why it was not good is totally fine. But attributing reasons and causality that is simply based on only your imagination is where it goes wrong.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
I am not saying you cant criticize movies or obvious power trip directors like Manoj Shyamalan in that movie where he had a film critic character. But in general, commenting the movie was not good and why it was not good is totally fine. But attributing reasons and causality that is simply based on only your imagination is where it goes wrong.
Way too subjective. The reasons ARE why the movie was not good....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Way too subjective. The reasons ARE why the movie was not good....
Yeah but unless you are involved in the production, how do you know why certain choices were made and attribute malice to people involved?

Anyways, this is a useless sidebar as movie industries differ country to country and even state to state here in India.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Yeah but unless you are involved in the production, how do you know why certain choices were made and attribute malice to people involved?

Anyways, this is a useless sidebar as movie industries differ country to country and even state to state here in India.
Again, depends. Sometimes the glaring production flaws and especially some casting decisions are too on the nose to not be suspicious; and there are times when movies just fills themselves with a bunch of lies, on sensitive things, and try to pass it up as creative liberty.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah but the leg side wide rule needs to be consistent. You wont be saying it had it been a regular length delivery and passed the batsman where it did horizontally.
I saw as the ball passed Dube it was right over his shoulders. Maybe it was the angle. Clearly, in my view we don't give those as wides.