• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Mumbai Indians is kinda tough ..

Let me post:

1.Rohit Sharma (C)
2.Lendl Simmons
3.Ishan Kishan (WK)
4.Suryakumar Yadav
5.Keiron Pollard
6.Hardik Pandya
7.Krunal Pandya
8.Harbhajan Singh
9.Mitchell McClenaghan
10.Jaspirt Bumrah
11.Lasith Malinga
Yeah, Simmons was good, but Jayasuriya I think is a better option. Also, no Tendulkar?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KKR's Greatest XI:

1. Gautam Gambhir (c)
  2. Robin Uthappa (wk)
  3. Jacques Kallis
  4. Nitesh Rana
  5. Yusuf Pathan
  6. Andre Russell
  7. Rinku Singh
  8. Sunil Narine
  9. Varun Chakravarti
  10. Morne Morkel
  11. Lakshmipati Balaji
Lol @ Kallis' selection, sure if you want your number 3 batsman striking at less than 110.

Zinzan

Kallis was actually quite good in the initial years of IPL. Did very well for RCB in 2010, and helped them chase 200 vs KXIP in one match
His IPL batting record is horrible, even worse than Tendulkar's which was also poor, even for that early period of IPL. No way justification for KKR's all-time XI.

Terrible selection.

1712647585749.png

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Yeah, Simmons was good, but Jayasuriya I think is a better option. Also, no Tendulkar?
Okay yes Tendulkar for Simmons as he's the Godfather of Mumbai batting and former player of the tournament..

But Simmons is ahead of Sanath Jayasuriya in IPL context, Jayasuriya had one great season in which Mumbai Indians didn't win the title ..

Simmons 2014 & 2015 seasons are legendary..
In 2015 Mumbai Indians won the title despite losing 5 of their first 6 games ..
And it was Simmons who Produced the clutch knocks to turn MI season around, plus he scored runs in the playoffs and final ..

Between 2014 and 2015
his IPL record was 934 runs @49.16 SR 127.60

He only played 8 innings after that purple patch in IPL and never returned. One of the underrated T20 batters he helped Windies win the T20 WC aswell..

Socerer 01

International Captain
Simmons was goated for MI imo

its also difficult to rate ipl players over the seasons due to the scoring rates rising with every season. main eg is Kohli, playing like this even back in 2018 would have been considered a good knock even if results didnt change. now in 2024 with an impact sub, flatter pitches and better hitting all around it looks out of place and generates a discussion running for 5 pages nearly

Rayudu is the other eg i mentioned, i remember him being a very handy player for MI and yet his record there viewed now looks plainly ordinary if not bad. you’re left wondering how this dude played for so long that he is the 5th most active player for them ever with no local ties and yet if you watched him play you would have never said this dude needs to be exiled asap

capt_Luffy

International Captain
BMac ahead of Kallis maybe? His 158 or whatever was one of the best knocks in IPL even today.
Openers are set, and Baz massively underperformed at KKR after that match. With Dre Rus, Pathan and Rinku in the death overs, I think a pivot like Kallis, who also works as a 6th bowler, works just fine. If not Kallis, then probably Chris Lynn is the best bat or Shakib as an allrounder.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Where's Nathan Ellis for Punjab? Gun death bowler and was excellent for them last season

Very weird
Who do they play him over? They've invested a ton of money in curran and he's doing well, rabada has one of the best bowling SR's in IPL history, bairstow is better than any Indian opener they have and raza is probably the best t20 all-rounder in the world right now, and he only gets in because Livingstone is injured.

SillyCowCorner1

A team that has been gung-ho from ball one in previous games is finding life to be miserable against the swinging ball here in this match.
This is the real test.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Who do they play him over? They've invested a ton of money in curran and he's doing well, rabada has one of the best bowling SR's in IPL history, bairstow is better than any Indian opener they have and raza is probably the best t20 all-rounder in the world right now, and he only gets in because Livingstone is injured.
Yeah it's a fair point. Not saying he should be a definite starter, but just really surprised he hasn't been an impact player at the very least

I'm not too hot on Rabada now in T20s itbt. Seems to have regressed and become quite hittable in this format. Think Ellis is a better option than him