• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which test team is currently the best in 2024?

Which test team is currently the best in 2024?

• Total voters

Xix2565

International Regular
I suspect had India toured England under the Stokes leadership and lost their premier fast bowler to injury, they'd have been staring down the barrel of a 4-1 defeat.

Home conditions are so key in current Test Cricket and India's are more alien to the other strong nations. They're probably the current number 1, but they're never going to win a WTC in England straight after an IPL unless they meet SL in the Final.
I mean we would actually call up more bowlers to come in, like in 2020/21 BGT when the squad had to take in net bowlers as potential replacements. We would actually compete better than what England served up this series.

subshakerz

International Coach
That’s not a big challenge for Australia. It’s like India whitewashing SL. For them the challenge is to win in Eng or Ind, which they haven’t. Atleast Ind won in Aus twice, drew in SA and Eng, and maintained a much better home record. So it’s easily India
Fair enough.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm voting India but I could be swayed to Australia if they win the border gavaskar and in SL.

Molehill

International Captain
Also, England ahead of Australia in this is wild. They couldn't beat Australia in home conditions 6 months ago and ide argue they've gotten worse since then.
I'm not convinced that many people are taking this thread too seriously.... (apart from RIS obvs).

Slifer

International Captain
Also, England ahead of Australia in this is wild. They couldn't beat Australia in home conditions 6 months ago and ide argue they've gotten worse since then.
Yeah whoever voted England ahead of Australia is high. Australia drew in England and England hasn't won a test in Australia in donkey years. Plus Australia were much more competitive in India than England imo.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah whoever voted England ahead of Australia is high. Australia drew in England and England hasn't won a test in Australia in donkey years. Plus Australia were much more competitive in India than England imo.
Bit harsh on england with the india stuff. The 4th test where gill and jurel clutched up was way closer than any of the games we played bar the win, and the game we won was on a lottery bunsen.

Slifer

International Captain
Bit harsh on england with the india stuff. The 4th test where gill and jurel clutched up was way closer than any of the games we played bar the win, and the game we won was on a lottery bunsen.
Possibly. But Australia did in fact draw in England and I give England zero chances of doing the same down under. If that weren't enough, Australia did in fact sweep NZ, where as England drew in Nz last year. Yes, NZ won the 2nd test by one run but it still goes in the books as a drawn series.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Possibly. But Australia did in fact draw in England and I give England zero chances of doing the same down under. If that weren't enough, Australia did in fact sweep NZ, where as England drew in Nz last year. Yes, NZ won the 2nd test by one run but it still goes in the books as a drawn series.
Your 100% right. I don't think you can have england ahead unless they win atleast two tests in the next test down under.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England losing in Australia is irrelevant. I mean you can also make everything prior to recent games irrelevant if you want. But England were clearly the better side against Australia last summer FACT, were more impressive away to Pakistan and Burgey doesn’t support us. Oh and we’ve not lost at home to the Windies for a good few years either. What more do you want?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
It might not have been close if Bumrah was playing. Ollie Robinson got 58 or something.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
England losing in Australia is irrelevant. I mean you can also make everything prior to recent games irrelevant if you want. But England were clearly the better side against Australia last summer FACT, were more impressive away to Pakistan and Burgey doesn’t support us. Oh and we’ve not lost at home to the Windies for a good few years either. What more do you want?

You lost here.