• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Australia probably are at present but they haven’t looked convincing at all this summer against fairly average to weak opposition in Pakistan and West Indies. Definitely think Nz in March, India next summer and even the Poms in the summer after will feel they are in with a chance against the Aussies.

anil1405

International Captain
So safe to say that England are well behind Aus and IND at this point or does their moral victory count for something? :ph34r:

Apart from the second innings of the first test they failed to capitalise on good starts, with the bat, in all other tests and showed lack of mental toughness more than technical flaws in this series.

So much for the hype surrounding their rejuvenated brand of cricket.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
So safe to say that England are well behind Aus and IND at this point or does their moral victory count for something? :ph34r:

Apart from the second innings of the first test they failed to capitalise on good starts, with the bat, in all other tests and showed lack of mental toughness more than technical flaws in this series.

So much for the hype surrounding their rejuvenated brand of cricket.
It's no longer 2023. Mods please ban him for necroing and off topic discussion.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
India have beaten Australia in 4 straight series, including away. So...

India
Australia
Huge gap
Real mix of other teams

ma1978

International Debutant
Realistically end of this year will determine who is the best atm.
that’s not a thing.

India is unequivocally the best

they’ve beat Australia at home and away

they’ve beat England at home and tied away

they’ve beat South Africa andhome and tied away

New Zealand is the only side where they have a a lost curren away series (and destroyed them at home)

it would take someone beating or at least new India at home to take that title away.

subshakerz

International Coach
that’s not a thing.

India is unequivocally the best

they’ve beat Australia at home and away

they’ve beat England at home and tied away

they’ve beat South Africa andhome and tied away

New Zealand is the only side where they have a a lost curren away series (and destroyed them at home)

it would take someone beating or at least new India at home to take that title away.
If you asked me last year, I would have given the edge to Australia. However, since then Australia didn't win against WI at home and India have beat England comfortably, so for me it's a toss-up

ma1978

International Debutant
If you asked me last year, I would have given the edge to Australia. However, since then Australia didn't win against WI at home and India have beat England comfortably, so for me it's a toss-up
until Australia can win a test series against India somewhere, somehow, they don’t factor into a discussion. How can someone be the best when they lose consistently to another team who is by definition better

subshakerz

International Coach
until Australia can win a test series against India somewhere, somehow, they don’t factor into a discussion. How can someone be the best when they lose consistently to another team who is by definition better
I consider who is the best all-round team. However, I just remembered India also drew recently in SA, which is an improvement from last time, so I am inclined to put them ahead of Australia at the moment. However, if Australia whitewash NZ away, something I am pretty sure India would struggle to do, again it's a toss-up.

Ali TT

International Regular
I guess we might see after Australia finish this test, but would probably put them ahead of India by a tiny margin right now, despite the upset loss v West Indies.

India tour Australia and England in the next 18 months. That will be a good judge of where the youngsters coming through are at, especially the gun batters.

ma1978

International Debutant
I consider who is the best all-round team. However, I just remembered India also drew recently in SA, which is an improvement from last time, so I am inclined to put them ahead of Australia at the moment. However, if Australia whitewash NZ away, something I am pretty sure India would struggle to do, again it's a toss-up.
how do you define the best all round team other than who wins the actual matches when they play each other

subshakerz

International Coach
how do you define the best all round team other than who wins the actual matches when they play each other
Because I look at how they do across conditions and oppositions to get an idea of their overall strength as a side. India under Ganguly's India beat Australia in 2001 and then drew in Australia in 2004, doesn't mean India had a better team in that period.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
India is probably not a better side than Australia at the moment due to the transition going on.

However based on results alone, India is clearly ahead.

Aus v Eng - Won at home and Drew away
Ind vs Eng - Won at home and Drew away

Aus v SA - Won at home and Lost away
Ind v SA - Won at home and Drew away

Aus v Ind - Lost at home and Lost away
Ind v Aus - Won at home and Won away

Aus v NZ - Won at home and Won away
Ind v NZ - Won at home and Lost away

Aus v WI - Drew at home and Won away
Ind v WI - Won at home and Won away

Aus v SL - Won at home and Drew away
Ind v SL - Won at home and Won away

Aus v Pak - Won at home and Won away

ma1978

International Debutant
India is probably not a better side than Australia at the moment due to the transition going on.

However based on results alone, India is clearly ahead.

Aus v Eng - Won at home and Drew away
Ind vs Eng - Won at home and Drew away

Aus v SA - Won at home and Lost away
Ind v SA - Won at home and Drew away

Aus v Ind - Lost at home and Lost away
Ind v Aus - Won at home and Won away

Aus v NZ - Won at home and Won away
Ind v NZ - Won at home and Lost away

Aus v WI - Drew at home and Won away
Ind v WI - Won at home and Won away

Aus v SL - Won at home and Drew away
Ind v SL - Won at home and Won away

Aus v Pak - Won at home and Won away
results are the only thing that matter. When I see this, it’s not close. And even if results everywhere else were close (which they are not), the head to headmeans it’s not close

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
results are the only thing that matter. When I see this, it’s not close. And even if results everywhere else were close (which they are not), the head to headmeans it’s not close
India has had better results against -
WI, AUS, SA, and SL

Aus better against-
NZ & PAK (who India don't play)

Identical against ENG.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would've agreed with this if not for the fact that Australia have had a very unconvincing few months at home. Were very fortunate against Pakistan and obviously couldn't even beat WI. Part of it could be that the pitches were oddly seam friendly though.

Coronis

International Coach
Considering how good current SA have been, this is as big an achievement as Australia drawing with the Windies.