• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Third ton in 3 games for maddog on injury comeback. Daily reminder mad dog>bancroft
On a semi-related note, what the hell has happened to that wicket? Victoria got rolled for 106 first innings and Tasmania were 6/71 and then 9/154. But they then doubled that score with just the last wicket partnership and now Victoria look like chasing down 450 with these two putting on over 150.

Think a similar thing happened in the last round too.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
On a semi-related note, what the hell has happened to that wicket? Victoria got rolled for 106 first innings and Tasmania were 6/71 and then 9/154. But they then doubled that score with just the last wicket partnership and now Victoria look like chasing down 450 with these two putting on over 150.

Think a similar thing happened in the last round too.
Is this game in tas? The trend their this season has been greentop first few days then flat as **** in the later half, really weird.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah definitely time to call it a career imo.
Done some commentary work for C7 before so I would still love to see him still involved in cricket that way, but if he keeps on playing sadly I can't see any way that will end well for him

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i just don't see how he can ever be picked for australia again when you know if he gets hit in the head, you have to take him off the field, no ifs or buts. it just doesn't seem practical
It’s more serious than that as he’s risking his life by continuing to play

OverratedSanity

Speaking on the Vic State Cricket podcast recently, Pucovski admitted he had considered retiring.

"Bloody close, very, very close (to giving it away)," he said.

"It'd gotten to the stage where I'd had discussions with people saying, 'yeah, I think this is it'. I was sort of comfortable that I'd given it everything.

"I'd had a week to think about it and I hadn't changed my mind and, to a degree, being happier in every day life made me want to give it away more because I'm like, 'I've got too much to lose now'.

"I spoke to this person who has worked with me and (they said), 'Will, I've never seen someone try as hard as you to try and get on top of this, bugger this, just retire, you've tried so hard, you've given it everything'.

"They said that to me and I was like, 'I'll go one more, I've got one more crack in me'.

"I had some discussions with psych(ologists) and they gave me these other solutions which have really done the job. It's just been one of those things where I was pretty close but I'm glad I didn't."
This is before the knock obviously. Will be surprised if he doesn't announce his retirement soon.

Spikey

with Ollie Davies and Jack Edwards about to notch a 100 run stand and Davies bringing up his century too, is it too early to say that this is the future of Australian cricket?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Davies having a breakout season. 100*, second ton of the season, now has 500+ runs @75. Extremely exciting player.

Spikey

NSW have only played the clearly talented Ollie Davies and Jake Edwards for 6 out of the 9 games NSW have played this season. Many other states could learn a lesson or two from the way that NSW have held these two back. Campbell Kellaway for example has played every game for Victoria this season despite averaging around 20. Young Jake Lehmman has also played every game for SA this season

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Jake?

EDIT: maybe that isn't a typo, and NSW actually chucked aside that muppet Jack Edwards in favour of his long lost twin brother Jake who is actually a somewhat decent player.

No less plausible than Jack actually getting good