• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

King Kane

International Debutant
I don’t want to see O’Rourke injured when Kuggs is karma houdiniing himself to a test career.
They said it's just hamstring tightness for O'Rourke so hopefully he's still OK for the next test.

We need to replace Kuggeleijn for the next test so it will be hard to replace O'Rourke as well.

King Kane

International Debutant
Henry finishes the Aussie innings in style by clean bowling Starc.

Our bowlers have given us a chance now it's up to our batsmen to take it.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yesss Henry

Great stuff Phillips. He's kept us in the game, even if it's really remote.

A standard start from Latham please, pretty 60 from young, hundys from Kane and the handsome boy modelling school with GP and Mitchell to hit the winning runs. Ez.

Meridio

International Regular
Bowling Australia out for 164 is an excellent effort, the 3 dropped catches infuriating but otherwise we'd take that any day.

Only question now is whether we chase this 1 down or 2

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A lot of might have beens for NZ here. Should Australia have enforced the follow on? I was saying they wouldn’t at the time as the 3rd innings is the best time to bat at the Basin in recent years (and AUS don’t like enforcing the follow on anyway). Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Flem274*

123/5
Phillips is so fun. I like him. I'm glad the boomers don't have easy access to talkback radio to tell him to behave properly.

I could spend the afternoon playing with the dog, reading a book or playing video games, but instead I'm going to watch this bat because clearly I must hate myself.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Bowling Australia out for 164 is an excellent effort, the 3 dropped catches infuriating but otherwise we'd take that any day.

Only question now is whether we chase this 1 down or 2
It's actually a great effort. Overshadowed by our and abused first innings batting effort

King Kane

International Debutant
Phillips is so fun. I like him. I'm glad the boomers don't have easy access to talkback radio to tell him to behave properly.

I could spend the afternoon playing with the dog, reading a book or playing video games, but instead I'm going to watch this bat because clearly I must hate myself.
There's a lot to like about him, he's a great character as well as being a great all round cricketer, along with Henry he's been a shining light in this test.

Time for a few of our other batsmen to stand up now and make a contribution.