• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly on replay it looked like it was a deflection. Missed it but what the **** was that from Kane?

Meridio

International Regular
Honestly on replay it looked like it was a deflection. Missed it but what the **** was that from Kane?
A total pie that should have been hit for 4 is what it was. If you don't have a go at freebies what are you waiting for?

Flem274*

123/5
Sure, if you're an in form batsman in innings one to three.

More at stake here and Latham has been poor for some time. Didn't earn the right to be aggressive tbh.
An opener who doesn't cut in New Zealand isn't going to be scoring many runs. It's one of the safest shots here.

Meridio

International Regular
Nah not having it. It's an absolute pie and you can't let bowlers get away with those if you want to survive long term
Yeah absolutely. You sweat on those as an opening bat. It's exactly what you're waiting for, you got the ball seaming around and turning and you're hanging out for the loose delivery to put away. If you leave them you're just letting the pressure build on you. It was just lazy execution

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's nothing to do with earning the right to be aggressive. It's about not letting the bowler get away with trash. You literally are never going to score if you can't put that away.
I totally get that. I'm just saying there's a time and a place for someone like Latham. Which would be anytime after the tea break for mine.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah absolutely. You sweat on those as an opening bat. It's exactly what you're waiting for, you got the ball seaming around and turning and you're hanging out for the loose delivery to put away. If you leave them you're just letting the pressure build on you. It was just lazy execution
Maybe Latham just isn't that good tbh