• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
50 to 100 in 44 balls they just said.

I think that's a goodish score on this pitch after being sent in. May flatten out tomorrow though

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty even day. Basin might flatten out but the wicket wasn’t easy at all so Australia getting to 280 isn’t the worst thing in the world.

hopefully this is Green’s coming of age moment, it was a superb innings with Australia in a fair bit of strife.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Incredible knock given the conditions and the innings. Could end up being the real difference by the end of the test.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't nz pitches tend to do a bit on day 1 then flatten the **** out as the game goes on, particularly at the basin? I don't think 300 is going to be enough in the first dig given the strength of nz's batting.

King Kane

International Debutant
It was looking like our day but that ton from Green has evened it up, hopefully we can still get a first innings lead but I'm not confident without Conway.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Don't nz pitches tend to do a bit on day 1 then flatten the **** out as the game goes on, particularly at the basin? I don't think 300 is going to be enough in the first dig given the strength of nz's batting.
Last year England Bazballed it after early wickets (Root and Brook) to 430 odd then rolled us for 200. They then enforced the follow on and the rest is history.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yes but this didn't seem to behave like a standard NZ seamy road from my recollection; those just nip around and swing whereas this felt more like Cape Town with huge seam movement and uneven bounce at random intervals throughout the day

Jezroy

State Captain
Interested to know whether kuggs* is bowling within himself or if this is just his normal pace now. Looking pretty pedestrian, though can’t argue with the wickets.

*abbreviation used not out of affection but to avoid the full spelling on my phone
Same reason I say Scotty K. It’s not cis I want to be mates with him.