• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Jezroy

State Captain
Seriously though - Southee has looked less and less threatening this summer in reasonably helpful conditions. His decline has mirrored Wagner’s over the last 18 months or so, but I feel like it’s really starting to hurt in the last few months.

Do we think there’s anyway someone drops him after the next test? Get to 100 tests and retire?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously though - Southee has looked less and less threatening this summer in reasonably helpful conditions. His decline has mirrored Wagner’s over the last 18 months or so, but I feel like it’s really starting to hurt in the last few months.

Do we think there’s anyway someone drops him after the next test? Get to 100 tests and retire?
I mean, southee had two catches dropped off his bowling, could have had green out just before he accelerated after 50. He bowled fine (Henry was definitely better, tbf).

King Kane

International Debutant

He's been an ATG test bowler for NZ but his days look to be numbered, he didn't look all that threatening today compared to the rest of our bowlers.

He will see out this series at least which will get him to 100 tests but if his form doesn't improve he might look at calling it quits before he gets dropped.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like a sensational innings from Green. Anything over 250 is good for a first innings at the basin, Australia narrowly ahead in my opinion.

Also awesome stuff from Henry. The guy has been immense since Boult retires.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia $1.77 at the TAB, if you feel like having 1.77 times as many houses as you currently have then go right ahead
Unless it rains, then you have no houses. And now you're wet, without a roof over your head.

Would I bet on us? No, not at this stage. Would I bet on it not raining in Wellington? Also no.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
I only saw the first session and looking at the scorecard at stumps I'd say it was an even day.

King Kane

International Debutant
I certainly wouldn't be betting on us winning but I wouldn't be betting on Australia winning at this stage either.

We will have a better idea of who to bet on tomorrow, if we're still batting at stumps tomorrow we might be a chance, if we aren't then we're no chance.

Sounds like a sensational innings from Green. Anything over 250 is good for a first innings at the basin, Australia narrowly ahead in my opinion.

Also awesome stuff from Henry. The guy has been immense since Boult retires.
Henry has gone from being a back up bowler to our no.1 strike bowler, he was great today and O'Rourke looks a great prospect as a test bowler too,

Just a shame Jamieson keeps getting injured, Henry, O'Rourke and Jamieson together would be a great pace bowling trio.

Shady Slim

International Coach
good day of cricket all around i think.
nz going to be tested hard tomorrow and to borrow one of the flem phrases how they bat against speedsters from oz will i think be the biggest test of if the recurrent case of mental midgetry shows or can be overcome. nz’s bowling against us was always going to be a good and even match; it is their batting versus an enemy who’s had their number time and times again that should be the deciding factor

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Green would enjoy this deck I reckon. Starceh less so
Starc has re-found the ability to swing the ball recently and if the pitch hasn't dried too much, the ball might swing for a long time. Then it's just the ever present question of whether he can get it anywhere near the right area.

danzydab

U19 Debutant
Good score for Australia considering how much the ball was hooping around
A few too many extras from O Rourke

Jamieson would've been lethal on this pitch

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jamieson is out for a year, I think we should probably let go of that dream for our own peace of mind. Will be great if he does come back roaring