• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would 80s WI and 2000s Australia fare in unbeatable current India?

Slifer

International Captain
If you say so, though I doubt it personally. You are the one who think Kapil Dev is equal to India's current pace (or is it entire bowling?) attack for some reason. Incredibly disrespectful to the game in general.
Now I know you're straight up lying. I literally responded to you earlier by saying: "India now is much better than before but that's similar to WI now vs the past." Where the hell did I ever say Dev was better?

Xix2565

International Regular
I mentioned nothing, up till now you were arguing with Silfer.... I was just confirming you don't think Kapil is better than any Indian current or 2016-19 pacer bar Bumrah.
I think if you really wanted to, you could make a case for Shami, but Kapil is a man in the wrong time and place as far as this goes.

Xix2565

International Regular
Now I know you're straight up lying. I literally responded to you saying: "India now is much better than before but that's similar to WI now vs the past." Where the hell did I ever say Dev was better?
If that is how I'm supposed to read it, my bad. Misread it, happens to the best of us.

Xix2565

International Regular
Apology accepted.
I'm sorry as well overall to be frank, I just can't stand Kyear and Subzi's general arguments which feel incredibly dismissive of the performance of this Indian side over the past decade on all sorts of surfaces at home, whether they want to call it 'doctored' or whatever. Everyone's done well at times and played their part and to basically brush it aside because of legacy and the mythologizing of past sides feels antithetical to the premise of the thread.

subshakerz

International Coach
I'm sorry as well overall to be frank, I just can't stand Kyear and Subzi's general arguments which feel incredibly dismissive of the performance of this Indian side over the past decade on all sorts of surfaces at home, whether they want to call it 'doctored' or whatever. Everyone's done well at times and played their part and to basically brush it aside because of legacy and the mythologizing of past sides feels antithetical to the premise of the thread.
Yes we already know how aggrieved you feel because we don't rate the Kohli side to the degree you do.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Yes we already know how aggrieved you feel because we don't rate the Kohli side to the degree you do.
You know Subs, sometimes I wonder whether you rate the 2000s Indian side higher than this one; and if you don't (somehow) then probably for Bumrah...

subshakerz

International Coach
You know Subs, sometimes I wonder whether you rate the 2000s Indian side higher than this one; and if you don't (somehow) then probably for Bumrah...
As an allround side, Kohli's team is better, though it is a toss up for me which Indian side would win at home.

Slifer

International Captain
First time? Welcome to the club. Jokes aside, Subz isn't that bad and trust me him and I have gone a few rounds in the past. But at the end of it all, we hug it out and move on. Subz isn't remotely as bad as past posters like blocky, bhupinder Singh, ikki etc.

Socerer 01

International Captain
You may notice I didn't say you were wrong, I simply said that the current attacks (imo) aren't "much" better. And you also literally said attacks today so I took that to mean the current attacks. Therefore, I ignored players like Herath, Steyn, Philander etc. who are retired.
sorry i did think we were discussing Kohli’s India which was from 2016-19 tbh :D

Slifer

International Captain
As an allround side, Kohli's team is better, though it is a toss up for me which Indian side would win at home.
I agree. Best of now vs then:

Rohit
Jaiswal
Pujara
Kohli*
Rahane
Jadeja
Pant+
Ashwin
Siraj
Shami
Bumrah

Vs

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Sachin
Laxman
Ganguly*
Dhoni+
Harbi
Kumble
Sharma
Zaheer

4 tests in current conditions. Score line??

Slifer

International Captain
Also, I have a request. A few months ago we were all having heated debates as to who was the best current test side. I of course backed India seeing as they are invincible at home and more than competitive away. Fast forward to now, and i feel vindicated. Can someone dredge up that debate please and thanks.

Socerer 01

International Captain
my biggest issue with these arguments is that past sides are free of scrutiny like form and fitness which happens because they’re from long ago and because the newer side is fresh in memory to poke holes at

as an eg it was only around 2019-20ish when the spin playing abilities of the top order had declined massively with the exception of Rahane who was always sus but since the decline was drastic after that everyone remembers India as the side that cant play spin to save their lives

Sunil1z

International Regular
Also, I have a request. A few months ago we were all having heated debates as to who was the best current test side. I of course backed India seeing as they are invincible at home and more than competitive away. Fast forward to now, and i feel vindicated. Can someone dredge up that debate please and thanks.
Although even I feel it is IND , this would be more clear when we tour Aus this year ( Dec-Jan ) . We are marginally ahead .

Socerer 01

International Captain
aha that was a treat

still remember subs backing bazball to the moon then

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Somoene give me a squad for windies 80s ans australia 2000s or I'm just going to statsguru a squad together.