• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the big thing people miss with bazball is the difference in top 3 batting output before and after bazball. England always had a good middle order (had issues when stokes took mental health leave and they had bairstow bat 3), but it wasn't the big issue. First screenshot is the 2 years before bazball, second is from the start of stokes-mccullum to now.

Attachments

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the big thing people miss with bazball is the difference in top 3 batting output before and after bazball. England always had a good middle order (had issues when stokes took mental health leave and they had bairstow bat 3), but it wasn't the big issue. First screenshot is the 2 years before bazball, second is from the start of stokes-mccullum to now.
The good news though is they produce those runs faster, so even though they make more runs, they still lose in roughly the same time frame as before, but feel better about themselves doing it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The final should always be played in the country of the team that finished at the top of the table. Otherwise, it is unfair that the topper has to start with a disadvantage compared to whichever team finishes second.
How is it a disadvantage to play it in a neutral country?

Sunil1z

International Regular
SENA countries win in SENA while SC countries win in SC, with some exceptions. But you can't deny that a SENA country starts as a favorite against a SC team in any SENA country and vice-versa.
What he wants to say that there can’t be a perfect neutral venue for both sides . One side will always start as favourites at any venue

Shri

Mr. Glass
i am fine with it being played in england as long as the recent batch of balls are used thta swings normally and not for 60 overs to manufacture atgs out of club level bowlers tbh

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
What he wants to say that there can’t be a perfect neutral venue for both sides . One side will always start as favourites at any venue
Yes. My point is, with the nature being one side always starting as favorites at any venue, that side should be the topper of the table.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I don’t know why certain Indian posters believe that we will win WTC final if it is played in Asia . Have you forgotten WC final ?
You guys are clearly underestimating the choking ability of this team . They might find new ways of choking.
It is not a given, but it is definitely a better chance than playing in England.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the WTC final last year had been played on a classic modern Oval pitch - dry, slow, flat, it would have been much more even between the two sides and India would have had a much better chance.