• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England: Go to India and perform better than last time despite brook and leach missing the whole series, and Root underperforming relative to last series. England where very close to being 2-2 heading into the last test FFS.

Should Australia drop mcdonald as coach? They've done about as well as we did at this point in our respective India series last year.
India were missing half their regular team were they not?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eng is not a neutral venue for Asian teams, anyone with half a pint of blood in their brains would know that. Most S.E.N.A. have at least a 50/50 chance to beat Asian teams in any of these 4 host countries
As opposed to Asia, where Asian countries have at least a 50% chance of beating SENA teams in any of those 4 host countries?

Of course it's a neutral venue. Anywhere which isn't the home venue for one of the teams is neutral ffs. Do you expect the hosts to dig up a Mumbai pitch and transplant it for it to be considered neutral if India is playing?

Son Of Coco

It's going to be interesting to see how this series affects England's approach. I don't think it will that much, but if Root has worked out he's better off being in rather than playing reverse paddle sweeps, and the guys around him who are better off going for it do that (the Crawleys; Ducketts etc), then at least something positive has come out of this series for them. A bit more of a balance in their approach at times with the bat would make them more of a handful.

Of course, I hope they still play insane shots at the wrong moment because that is funnier, but they've shown they have some decent players to fall back on.

Mind you, we looked to have a couple of handy extra spinners in India too, but then they went elsewhere and were not as useful outside the subcontinent.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's going to be interesting to see how this series affects England's approach. I don't think it will that much, but if Root has worked out he's better off being in rather than playing reverse paddle sweeps, and the guys around him who are better off going for it do that (the Crawleys; Ducketts etc), then at least something positive has come out of this series for them. A bit more of a balance in their approach at times with the bat would make them more of a handful.

Of course, I hope they still play insane shots at the wrong moment because that is funnier, but they've shown they have some decent players to fall back on.

Mind you, we looked to have a couple of handy extra spinners in India too, but then they went elsewhere and were not as useful outside the subcontinent.
Function of how much our batting against spin sucks these days.

Son Of Coco

View attachment 39377

I think they put this graphic up during the 3rd Test but it shows that apart from Rootie these guys need to Bazball to be effective at Test level. Don't think the lineup collectively has the technique to be successful playing conventionally.
Stokes generally doesn't start all guns blazing when he makes a score either, but yeah. If that's the case, then they go about it however it suits each individual bat. I think Stokes is doing that now, but Root seems to have been trying too hard to go with the flow rather than adopting the approach that is best for him, up until the last test.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it's pretty apparent why they've done it, it suits the fellas they have atm. Which is fine of course. It's just a complete **** to contend that because you've decided to let blokes have a slog you're simultaneously revolutionizing and saving test cricket. They're just doing what works for the players they have atm, who are basically six Mitch Marshes (no functioning defensive game) with two traditional test standard players thrown in.

Son Of Coco

Australians getting too uppity despite their embarrassing summer at home against Pakistan and WI who on average lose by 6000 runs every time they tour.
We prepare wickets that allow both teams to play. Don't crucify us for it. Being too nice is both our biggest strength and our biggest weakness.

Socerer 01

International Captain
View attachment 39377

I think they put this graphic up during the 3rd Test but it shows that apart from Rootie these guys need to Bazball to be effective at Test level. Don't think the lineup collectively has the technique to be successful playing conventionally.
someone on reddit made a long ass post with this table arguing that this is proof of only Bairstow benefitting from bazball :lol: