• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't know how Dharmasena ever kept his job after the Khawaja incident.

I'd like him more if he chopped up an infant and played an easter egg hunt on Epstein Island with the remains.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Root looking very ominous.
who'd'a thunk in spite of being solid with the bat for most years that a player, even of Root's ability, might hit some bad form.....

in calendar years throughout his career Root averages :

50+ : x6
40-49 : x4
34-39 : x2

and in 2024 he is struggling, but even if he is out for 82 then will be averaging 22.7, to reach 30 for the year with another Test (?) and the summer to come he'd need 133 or 103no with plenty of variance. He's well behind on a 40+ average in 2024 but 1-2 innings like this can tip the balance, he's essentially 103 runs behind a 30 and 173 behind a 40 average at start of the day

BUT all the focus by beeb and a lot of people is bazballs and his ability, or not, to play that way. No point in asking him to, far better he plays an anchor role and accelerates when the wicket fall is getting dangerously close to all out

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Three overturned decisions today, although the earlier 2 made more sense. This one he just seemed pressured by the appeal (not for the first time).
Definitely swayed by the appeal there.

Got the Indian commentators constantly talking about how good of an umpire he is. To quote @Gnske hmmmm hmmmm interesting.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Three overturned decisions today, although the earlier 2 made more sense. This one he just seemed pressured by the appeal (not for the first time).
do have to wonder if the umpires feel partisan pressure, safer to give in favour of the home fans and if turns out to be wrong then DRS should help them out. Imagine if decisions went against India and reviews were not used, not available (ran out) or stuck with a borderline "umpire's call".......

only team in history to get a World Cup match abandoned, well their fans anyway (excludes refusals to play which is politics/"safety" not due to fans)

Socerer 01

International Captain
do have to wonder if the umpires feel partisan pressure, safer to give in favour of the home fans and if turns out to be wrong then DRS should help them out. Imagine if decisions went against India and reviews were not used, not available (ran out) or stuck with a borderline "umpire's call".......

only team in history to get a World Cup match abandoned, well their fans anyway (excludes refusals to play which is politics/"safety" not due to fans)
we had a lbw with 3 reds not given initially too

stop spouting random **** to justify umps being ****

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
250 seemed so far off shortly after Cook cited it as par. 300 not out of reach here.

Deck doesn't look as bad as it did early doors, but still enough keeping low to think we have a decent total.

Hartley goes as I type. Okay would take 275 now

Socerer 01

International Captain
Far be it for me to support a Pom but some of you have obviously forgotten how dog**** Bairstow was behind the stumps during the Ashes

Byes would be India’s top scorer if he was keeping
its just the 1 dude saying that and i dont remember that dude ever being right about anything

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Deck doesn't look as bad as it did early doors, but still enough keeping low to think we have a decent total.
Its the typical Ranchi wicket IMO. The bounce and pace will be low and slow but consistent. There is turn but again when its this slow, its easy to survive but maybe tough to score quickly on.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Far be it for me to support a Pom but some of you have obviously forgotten how dog**** Bairstow was behind the stumps during the Ashes

Byes would be India’s top scorer if he was keeping
I don't get the counter arguments re Foakes. At test level he is a solid no.7 bat, not outstanding but decent and a high class keeper. Bairstow is a mediocre keeper at best, and probably worse than that in Asia with the potential for exciting innings but short of the highest tier of batting by some distance.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Yeah I'm not making my comments in the context of any wider debate tbh. I just think he's rubbish.
I absolutely hate those debates, theoreticals come out in their droves with "better keeper is worth 100+ runs" and all kinds of nothing provable

bottom line is the side needs to score enough runs to win, yes dropping catches/missing stumpings CAN cost but ultimately if you are posting 200-250 on a better than that kind of par pitch then doesn't matter - and also depends on bowlers creating chances, not all of which go to the keeper....

and for the record I just hate the debate, was also Stewart vs Russell, how much importance it has ranks in terms of influence an outcome is debatable but the batting, the bowlers, and all fielding play a significant part as do the opposition of course so it's as much the extreme opposite of the elephant in the room