• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

cnerd123

likes this
Dont think he hit that at all but there is enough doubt to go in the batsman's favor. Fair enough decision in the end. But I dont think Dharmasena deserves any praise for that, he probably thought it was a very visible inside edge when there was almost nothing even if you assume the 3rd umpire was right.
Wtf is this bull****. If there is any doubt it's not out. Any good umpire should be giving that not out, even if it was pad first. There's milliseconds in it and the human eye is not sharp enough to make that decision one way or another with absolute confidence. So if there is room for doubt, it's not out.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Believe Stokes now knows what this pitch is gonna do. Such a great toss to win though, wouldn't want to chase anything much more than 100.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wtf is this bull****. If there is any doubt it's not out. Any good umpire should be giving that not out, even if it was pad first. There's milliseconds in it and the human eye is not sharp enough to make that decision one way or another with absolute confidence. So if there is room for doubt, it's not out.
They were talking as if Dharmasena spotted it was a tiny edge and I dont think he did. He just thought it was a big inside edge just like many would have done watching it live (I know I did).

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I always found this weird, no umpire is ever 100% on an LBW. It’s like 99% at best. So technically they should give nothing out.

R!TTER

State Regular
It didn't look like an edge first up, there would be a constant noise on that graph if he hit it. It spiked then nothing for small time & then again a separate spike!
He just thought it was a big inside edge just like many would have done watching it live (I know I did).
I assume you were talking about Root's lbw appeal?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Definitely a shooter but here's my impression of a white guy playing spin

"hurr DURRR ill play it off the BACK durrrrr FOOT derp hurrr"

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I always found this weird, no umpire is ever 100% on an LBW. It’s like 99% at best. So technically they should give nothing out.
Yeah, it's an educated guess at best even in the plumbest calls. Umps have to figure various experiential variables into making a decision; it's not as cut n dry as DRS makes it seem.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's just being pedantic. While I don't agree with ***** when he's on his umpire fellating sprees, he's right that there was enough doubt here. As there is on many marginal lbws umpires are slated for these days. DRS has warped viewer's minds into thinking this **** is clear in real time .