• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Root’s shot was awful, but when he tried the same kind of thing in the Ashes, people were saying it’s a breathe of fresh air…
Not I, it always seemed ill-advised to me.

Let's see how much he plays it in the future...that'll be a big test of how smart he feels the shot is, as to whether he has the stones to carry on playing it

Silver Silva

International Debutant
The 5th time Joe Root has shared the new ball in test cricket, he's opened the bowling more times than Underwood , Laker , Verity , Lock etc ..
Only Leach has opened the bowling more for England when it comes to English spinners.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
he is getting lbw with his bat lift and edging balls moving away because of the angle. maybe his solution to that is a ramp
I can't argue with the first part of that. Still not convinced about your final point though.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Question to England fans - is Anderson still the best guy for the job, or is there some level of sentimentality? Is it simply ok for him to be a holding bowler in this role, and he's the best in the country at doing that?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Question to England fans - is Anderson still the best guy for the job, or is there some level of sentimentality? Is it simply ok for him to be a holding bowler in this role, and he's the best in the country at doing that?
Dude he was their best bowler by far in the last game and not doing a holding role

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
So Root is bowling 91km darts to hold an end until Wood serves 10 minutes off at the crease because he didn't make it out after he was batting...

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's been great this series. Been giving Rohit and Jaiswal real trouble.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think he's playing as a holding bowler. I'd have thought the idea was that he has/had the skill set to be a threat in these conditions. Whether that's still the case remains to be seen. He did OK in the second test didn't he?