• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Andyhere

International 12th Man
This is a great advantage. Not big enough for it to be impossible for this batting lineup to squander though. A quick start would help.
They won't squander as much as England. Plus the quality of spinners, England doesn't have kuldeep, they have rehan who is champion at bowling long hops.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
@Red_Ink_Squid was depressingly accurate. It is so similar to Lords last year.
Yup. I really hoped they'd learnt from that one as they didn't repeat it in the remainder of the Ashes, but nope. If pushed, I'd argue that Lord's was worse, but I cba to justify it. As someone else said, I know this is occasionally be the downside of the current approach, but it's still incredibly frustrating. As for Root, I read somewhere that his current approach to batting is the greatest act of national self-harm since the Brexit vote. Just bizarre, and I don't actually believe that he's under any sort of instructions from captain and coach to bat this way.

Shri

Mr. Glass
and I don't actually believe that he's under any sort of instructions from captain and coach to bat this way.
he has a technical flaw thats being exploited one of the best ever fast bowlers in cricket. he will be fine in next test if bumrah is rested

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
As for Root, I read somewhere that his current approach to batting is the greatest act of national self-harm since the Brexit vote. Just bizarre, and I don't actually believe that he's under any sort of instructions from captain and coach to bat this way.
“Hey Joe, I’ve got an idea. As our best player why don’t you change what has been successful for you over many years and bat like a **** instead”