• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Silver Silva

International Debutant
You're also not understanding. The entire, fundamental ethos of Bazball is that "mind games" are an evil and must be purged from the setup. Total mental clarity, total unquestioning support, no compromises. Start picking on Joe Root and the blokes who are half as good will be immediately worrying about their spots.
Boycott and Vaughan wouldn't have a say in selection so why would the group be worried about their spots ? Root might go oh they are having a go at me ill show them , which might just be what he needs to turn his slump around.

Spark

Global Moderator
Boycott and Vaughan wouldn't have a say in selection so why would the group be worried about their spots ? Root might go oh they are having a go at me ill show them , which might just be what he needs to turn his slump around.
Because the whole point of the philosophy is that they should all ignore that outside noise.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You absolutely don't want to do this reverse psychology stuff with your best batsman.

kyear2

International Coach
I know people would say that this is the new way, and everyone seems to love it when it works.... but test cricket really doesn't need to be played like this.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Tell you what I reckon they've missed one there. Maybe it's contagious with stokes being out there. Edit close but no banana

Spark

Global Moderator
I know people would say that this is the new way, and everyone seems to love it when it works.... but test cricket really doesn't need to be played like this.
Would you prefer Rory Burns, Dom Sibley, and losing almost every single game?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Especially when India is a bowler down, and they are not at their strongest anyway. Reverting back to their old norm isn't the option either, but I wonder if there is any balance that can be achieved when playing this way. Maybe there isn't.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Duckett one was just a bad ball that was asking to be hit Tbf. He just executed as badly as is possible.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I wonder what happens after Stokes-McCullum. Does this style become the English way of playing cricket in the future or do they revert to something more sedate.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Would you prefer Rory Burns, Dom Sibley, and losing almost every single game?
Also gotta be said that given both of yesterday's dismissals were actually pretty normal, that bazball delivered England an overnight scored of 200/2 as opposed to 100 for 2 or more.

Obviously there's a limit though, and reverse scooping the best bowler in the world in the third over of the morning when the opposition have a weakened bowling lineup and the real threat should be coming from the spinners definitely crosses that line imo.