• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Carlos

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Got to admire the aggression from the england batters. that shot from Pope, no look reverse scoop for 4 that almost hit the keeper in the teeth. Incredilble

Niall

International Coach
Thought he worked well in the first innings as a destructive #6 punishing tired bowling. He just needs his teammates to not run him out - his kryptonite so far in his Test career.
If not broken no need to fix it, I think he bats around 5 or 6 in Ranji anyway.

Jurel did well on his debut, but damn this morning would have been perfect for Pant. If he can play the IPL then he can play the next test series IMO.

hazsa19

International Regular
Tomorrow is set up to be one of the most intriguing days of Test Cricket in ages. Bazball might just leave India broken by the end of the day, or they might fold for 340 (see Lord's last Summer).

Been a while since I've set the alarm for 4am, but want to see as much as possible before heading to the golf course!!
Top tier Saturday. If I planned that England would be all out at lunch and I'd dobble my drive on the 1st.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
so far McCullum / Stokes have given test debuts to Brook, Jacks and Livingstone. Plus half a dozen bowlers (Potts, Parkinson, Overton, Ahmed, Tongue, Hartley and Bashir) probably only one of whom can be deemed successful, yet. They've really gone with those already there, but cleared their minds. Duckett had already played 4 tests before being recalled. Four of those who have made their debut have only played one test.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think if he has to be replaced it will be Washy. But its a moot point as I dunno if they will let it happen. Best wishes and prayers with Ash and his family. Hope things can turn out ok.

Anyways this game is done now, IMO. Congrats England.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
It wouldn't put it past Stokes/McCullum for them to try and press to allow for Axar to replace him.

But then ICC aren't going to change a ruling like this with such little notice.
That would be one of the finest instances of sportsmanship ever, but really unfair to expect them to do it. England should extend their sympathies and drive the nail in if they can.