• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
We're talking about going in with 2 seamers - Jimmy and Woody.

Obviously much will depend on the pitch but as much as I love Wood, he was ineffective in the first test. Robinson is the other option.

As for the spinners, if we do play 2 seamers, then one of Rehan and Bashir to miss out. I'd expect Bashir to get the nod as he's more consistent than Rehan.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We're talking about going in with 2 seamers - Jimmy and Woody.

Obviously much will depend on the pitch but as much as I love Wood, he was ineffective in the first test. Robinson is the other option.

As for the spinners, if we do play 2 seamers, then one of Rehan and Bashir to miss out. I'd expect Bashir to get the nod as he's more consistent than Rehan.
Think Rehan will get the nod for his batting

Howe_zat

Audio File
Imagine being arrested while batting in the middle.

What would appear on the scorecard?
Assuming they've been arrested against their will you could argue they're retired hurt, and could continue batting at a later fall of wicket after having served an extremely short sentence.

Molehill

International Captain
Not sure I would call either Buttler, Dawson or Archer 'missing' these days.
I think Pujara would be in the Buttler camp - unlikely to ever play another Test.

I'm starting to wonder if Pant ever will either (already accepted that Archer won't).

Owzat

U19 Captain
Rehan bowled a lot better than Bashir imo
Hartley : 14 wkts @ 24.57 (SR 41.29, ER 3.57)
Ahmed : 8 wkts @ 36.38 (SR 36.38, ER 4.07)
Root : 5 wkts @ 38.40 (SR 76.80, ER 3.00)
Bashir : 4 wkts @ 49.00 (SR 79.50, ER 3.70)

Leach : 2 wkts @ 48.00 (SR 108.00, ER 2.67)

statistically there's nothing Bashir has offered so far noone else has. bit of a better ER than Ahmed but not better than Root, SR worse than Root, Ahmed better batting average so far than Root, would be some ulterior motive for picking Bashir.

Then again what I read this is a comment by Pope and based on what the pitch was like so they may well take any grass off it by the time play begins. Not sure it matters, think India trump England in both pace and spin departments

kevinw

International 12th Man
Robinson should definitely be in ahead of Wood. Sheer pace isn't going to do anything here, you need a bit more nous and wile.