• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TNT lose, not unexpectedly did not put enough runs on the board and was never expecting it. But again...

Beasley (46 actual skill) bowled 9 overs today at a BQ of 7.4... so far his season is 18 overs for 111 runs and 2 wickets with an avg BQ of 8.2, on fast dry pitches (unworn). His touch is a standard 10.

And this is something I just don't understand about Stumped. The finger spinners who should hate fast unworn pitches are all taking wickets, low BQs, yes some have experience, but ultimately its not really a pitch that suits finger spinners or the medium pacers. But I consistently find that both the medium pacer and the finger spinners always achieve above what is expected (even with low BQs).

And the standard answer given to me is 'experience' and I do think its important. But I do also wish the guide then made it extremely clear that overriding all other skills 'experience' is the single factor that determines 60-70% of any calculation in how a player will perform. It still does not explain how Coetzee took 5 wickets (in the opening dev game) with a actual skill of 25 and BQ of 2.5. And these extremes occur far more than the expected 'avg' you would see from statistical circumstances. /frustrationRantOver(for now!)

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
He topped scored for me in his first outing as well...

Keep looking at the TNT bowling line-up and it is actually pretty ridiculous. I don't think it would be too out of place at international level... just some experience and my getting orders right. Can't believe that entire bowling line was scouted.
Your a solid Div 1 team and as your bowling matures you'll get closer to that international level . That being said your facing a team today in OD that is definitely on par seeing that 10 out of the 11 playing against you today has had international debuts . So its a fact your close .

You have an incredible squad .

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Don't understand the question?

They only needed one but ran 2 . Not unheard off in club cricket . Sometimes we beat the defending team by 7 or more runs chasing because we weren't sure so i like this mistake by the ME . But yea its a mistake , probably rolled on the quick runner trait thus 1 became 2 .

StephenZA

They only needed one but ran 2 . Not unheard off in club cricket . Sometimes we beat the defending team by 7 or more runs chasing because we weren't sure so i like this mistake by the ME . But yea its a mistake , probably rolled on the quick runner trait thus 1 became 2 .
I had this happen in my T20 the other day... with the batsmen getting the winning run and then going for a 2nd and getting run out.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
I had this happen in my T20 the other day... with the batsmen getting the winning run and then going for a 2nd and getting run out.
Again i like it as it emulates real life, some confusion on the last run , one batsman thinking they need 2 the other 1, both being stranded at one side . But yea ME mistake . Don't think it can affect matches but maybe worth a report ...

StephenZA

Frustrating that TMOs dropped the man that got century when in single digits. I'm gonna struggle this season with all my bowlers in poor touch...

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Frustrating that TMOs dropped the man that got century when in single digits. I'm gonna struggle this season with all my bowlers in poor touch...
Its a very tough opposition that one , anyone in their top 7 can take the game away on top of that arguably the 3rd best bowling lineup in stumped.
Any other disadvantage on that like poor touch just capitulates an already big disadvantage , don't be discouraged by this . You have beaten them in t20 however their strength imo is OD . So by my accounts your doing very well .

StephenZA

Davidson out cheap... was the only outside hope. 😞

And the two strike rotators get together and 3 balls later another run out between them.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Davidson out cheap... was the only outside hope. 😞

And the two strike rotators get together and 3 balls later another run out between them.
Yea i checked now , that scoreboard pressure is a killer , this is where one of my few gripes with the match engine arises . In your game you need around 310 for a bonus point loss . Your 247/5 chasing 383 and you have 13 overs left . For the bonus point you need another 73 runs in 13 overs that is 5.6 and over . The main target is 136 runs away and 10 and over . Because of main target they still go for that and don't adjust at a certain point to target bonus point as most teams will do in tournaments . In leagues BP becomes important and can be the difference in relegation/promotion etc . Your lower order possesses the ability to get BP easily however due to scoreboard pressure the set batsman will go out on aggressive/slog shots more often than not thus BP goes the other way and 5 points to the one who batted first. As a simulation it fails there .

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Yea i checked now , that scoreboard pressure is a killer , this is where one of my few gripes with the match engine arises . In your game you need around 310 for a bonus point loss . Your 247/5 chasing 383 and you have 13 overs left . For the bonus point you need another 73 runs in 13 overs that is 5.6 and over . The main target is 136 runs away and 10 and over . Because of main target they still go for that and don't adjust at a certain point to target bonus point as most teams will do in tournaments . In leagues BP becomes important and can be the difference in relegation/promotion etc . Your lower order possesses the ability to get BP easily however due to scoreboard pressure the set batsman will go out on aggressive/slog shots more often than not thus BP goes the other way and 5 points to the one who batted first. As a simulation it fails there .
I stand corrected your lower order is making match of it going at 10 runs and over since i posted that with 8 overs left need to go at the same RR to cause a huge upset.

StephenZA

At least I made a game of it... Needed to take that catch. Or Davidson to do one of his specials... Another good ton by Levy.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
At least I made a game of it... Needed to take that catch. Or Davidson to do one of his specials... Another good ton by Levy.
You got that BP by the narrowist of margins. My point still stands at least. Not a bad showing against a monstrous side. With their team selection they took you lightly. Don't think they will bring in youngsters against you again