• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It truly amazes me how the 45 skill bowler bowling on a good pitch for him with a BQ of 8.6 gets carried for 15 runs and over... While the dodgy opening medium pace bowler with nothing in the pitch going for him, less experience goes at 7 runs and over.

And I don't care about the winning or losing, I care about the consistency of the ME. I can't put a team together if the match engine consistently contradicts the manner in which the game plays out compared to the very explanations given by the designer of the ME.

ataraxia

International Coach
It truly amazes me how the 45 skill bowler bowling on a good pitch for him with a BQ of 8.6 gets carried for 15 runs and over... While the dodgy opening medium pace bowler with nothing in the pitch going for him, less experience goes at 7 runs and over.

And I don't care about the winning or losing, I care about the consistency of the ME. I can't put a team together if the match engine consistently contradicts the manner in which the game plays out compared to the very explanations given by the designer of the ME.
Eh, the point is that the pressure gets applied from the other end. So if your 45 skill bowler had a stronger partner he wouldn't get carted. It's dumb, anyway, but results-wise it remains the same: better bowling attacks by BQ do better overall, even if this doesn't necessarily apply on an individual basis.

ataraxia

International Coach
Sutherland denied red ink :lol:

Am I making things up or has there been a win by 0 wickets in the dim and distant past?

StephenZA

Eh, the point is that the pressure gets applied from the other end. So if your 45 skill bowler had a stronger partner he wouldn't get carted. It's dumb, anyway, but results-wise it remains the same: better bowling attacks by BQ do better overall, even if this doesn't necessarily apply on an individual basis.
If you look at my bowling attack you will notice the man on the other end is a 43 skill bowler. Not useless. What I have noticed is that Wrist spinners go for runs always no matter the conditions, even when it suits them. Whereas fingers spinners tend to get away with murder, and do well regardless of conditions.

I did not expect to win the game, was never my desire. I'm still training TNT up, and playing players to gain experience and skill. If Coetzee had gone for 20 runs an over and Beasley for 12 on the dry fast pitch and I lost no probs shrug my shoulders. It's the fact that Coetzee went for 7 runs an over and Beasley went for 15 that bothers me. And this is a consistent trend.

ataraxia

International Coach
If you look at my bowling attack you will notice the man on the other end is a 43 skill bowler. Not useless. What I have noticed is that Wrist spinners go for runs always no matter the conditions, even when it suits them. Whereas fingers spinners tend to get away with murder, and do well regardless of conditions.

I did not expect to win the game, was never my desire. I'm still training TNT up, and playing players to gain experience and skill. If Coetzee had gone for 20 runs an over and Beasley for 12 on the dry fast pitch and I lost no probs shrug my shoulders. It's the fact that Coetzee went for 7 runs an over and Beasley went for 15 that bothers me. And this is a consistent trend.
(Sorry for conflating Beasley's partner and the opening bowler, first off.) Inasmuch as randomness is very large on Stumped, I do think looking for specific trends/biases is a little misguided. Rehman Kaiser is AXI's lead leggie, has been playing senior T20 since about 17, bowling 2 overs in the powerplay regularly and – despite being a tail clearer – still manages to average 15.79 with econ 6.85 (coincidentally with good BQ). Admittedly, Kaiser's average is massively helped by having Economicals at the other end.

So if anything just persist with Beasley, mix his overs around a bit, he'll get a good performance in sometime. But yeah going for 57 runs at a BQ of 8.6 (bowling kind overs too!) is insane, but T20 chases are massive lotteries.

StephenZA

(Sorry for conflating Beasley's partner and the opening bowler, first off.) Inasmuch as randomness is very large on Stumped, I do think looking for specific trends/biases is a little misguided. Rehman Kaiser is AXI's lead leggie, has been playing senior T20 since about 17, bowling 2 overs in the powerplay regularly and – despite being a tail clearer – still manages to average 15.79 with econ 6.85 (coincidentally with good BQ). Admittedly, Kaiser's average is massively helped by having Economicals at the other end.

So if anything just persist with Beasley, mix his overs around a bit, he'll get a good performance in sometime. But yeah going for 57 runs at a BQ of 8.6 (bowling kind overs too!) is insane, but T20 chases are massive lotteries.
Don't get me wrong Beasley is a fantastic player who consistently takes wickets and has an overall good record. He is a high quality bowler. My comment is the frequency at which 'randomness' ME creates truly unfathomable outcomes (not necessarily wins or losses). This game is still meant to be based on statistics and numbers, it is a mathematical program that is meant to account for lots of different effects, with some randomness thrown in. What I find often happening is that the effects 'as stated' by the guide don't stack up. And there is too much rolling of the '12s and 2s' to get the avg rather than rolling of 7s... and that is very frustrating, and makes me feel that the dice are loaded, and not necessarily in the way explained by the guide. Sure it can create fun and frustrating matches, but ultimately my biggest frustration comes from been unable to put a team together that is consistent because of 'randomness' that is almost inexplicable.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also an interesting end to the match... Get the winning run and then go for a 2nd to get run out...
He’s been known to do crazy things. One time in CWC3 (DEV tournament), he made a blistering ton and yet continued to play that way even when the game was in our hands. He fell off the penultimate ball of that chase.
Chased down 281 in 36.2 overs against Jura CC.

He’s a mad man.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
ZCC need some good new trainees quick. Market is barren and not much like with the Youth Academy lately.
I am not sure what specifically your looking for however i always check market(Due to my specific team legislation on African only players ). So maybe give some kind of whish list and if i spot something ill let you know. Squad players are always around and there is for some reason always and abundance of 40 to 44 pot bowling all rounders in the market so i take it that is not the target .

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2 weeks ago, my young pacer Bedwell improved from Fast-medium to fast. I then started to train him in line and length. This week he dropped down in pace: fast to fast-medium.

It like he doesn’t want the power of “pace like fyah 🔥)

So, like any good dad, I have instructed his coach to break his back in the training of PACE.

cnerd123

likes this
I am not sure what specifically your looking for however i always check market(Due to my specific team legislation on African only players ). So maybe give some kind of whish list and if i spot something ill let you know. Squad players are always around and there is for some reason always and abundance of 40 to 44 pot bowling all rounders in the market so i take it that is not the target .
Yea I'm looking for 45 pot skill trainees. Need a batter and a bowler, anyone under the age of 19 would be ideal. Could afford to drop a mill on each, but it's tough out there!

StephenZA

Yea I'm looking for 45 pot skill trainees. Need a batter and a bowler, anyone under the age of 19 would be ideal. Could afford to drop a mill on each, but it's tough out there!
I picked up a 45 pot skill bat on the market just the other day for TNT... Only cost 450K. He is 19 and 1 week a little underdeveloped but late bloomer. They are definitely there.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Couldn't see any batsman , there was a couple the last week however none current .

A few bowlers in there at the moment .

Also one just over 19

Will let you know if i see more .

StephenZA

I picked up a 45 pot skill bat on the market just the other day for TNT... Only cost 450K. He is 19 and 1 week a little underdeveloped but late bloomer. They are definitely there.
He topped scored for me in his first outing as well...

Keep looking at the TNT bowling line-up and it is actually pretty ridiculous. I don't think it would be too out of place at international level... just some experience and my getting orders right. Can't believe that entire bowling line was scouted.