• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

Skyliner

International 12th Man
“Give me the test captaincy or I’m quitting”

Would NZC fold to that kind of shocking ultimatum? It would set a dangerous precedent if any player is allowed to behave like that, effectively carrying out a coup against the existing captain.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
How good is de Swardt at franchise level? I know he got a meme dismissal but if he can score the runs he's a good package.
When I saw his batting average of 45 I was genuinely surprised but then figured, without bothering to look it up, it'd be from their second tier comp?

Otherwise they've found South Africa's answer to New Zealand's Zimbabwean Colin de grandhomme

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like, even though he's been good for a couple years, Matt Henry has finally cracked test cricket. Averages 26.40 since the start of 2021. Looks comfortable at this level and not perpetually defeated or on the verge of losing it.
And sneakily averaging almost 27 with the bat during that same period too.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I feel like, even though he's been good for a couple years, Matt Henry has finally cracked test cricket. Averages 26.40 since the start of 2021. Looks comfortable at this level and not perpetually defeated or on the verge of losing it.
After we were all initial believers, Henry had to get repeatedly pummeled in his rare test cricket opportunities over several years, again and again and again, and wait until every last one of us had lost all faith in him, before he managed to turn it around. It's pretty impressive tbh. A more pronounced hype cycle than most.

NZTailender

After we were all initial believers, Henry had to get repeatedly pummeled in his rare test cricket opportunities over several years, again and again and again, and wait until every last one of us had lost all faith in him, before he managed to turn it around. It's pretty impressive tbh. A more pronounced hype cycle than most.
Is will young the Matt Henry of batting? His second coming will be katich-esque imo

NZTailender

Granted I didn't watch all his overs yesterday but I hope Santner drops it in shorter today. Felt like the South Africans smothered his full deliveries with ease yesterday.