• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So they'll drop Santner (wow what a confidence booster)? I can see them conceivably rest Jamieson for fitness ahead of the Australia series, to further manage his recovery.

I want to see O'Rourke fly tho

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
O'Rourke is in the squad for the second test only. Having him in the squad for a test match week, but not playing, would be a good approach to ease a player into the higher level. (Like Jamieson over in Aus). But on the other hand a debut against a weakened opponent is also an ideal time to debut. And he's red hot right now.

I can see both sides. But, I hope the decision is based around what they want for O'Rourke , not about sentimentality for Wagner, champ though he has been.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Would be a head scratcher if they bring in a bloke for a ‘farewell test’. What if he jags a haul of wickets? Suddenly you may have to keep him around when you were looking to move him on.

Last edited:

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Unlucky for Bedders.

NZ bowlers have done a good job so far this morning keeping it tight.

thierry henry

International Coach
Jeez Henry bowled an immaculate series of balls and then a horrible long hop to get the wicket.

Seems like a few players have miss hit innocuous short balls which probably supports the suggestion it’s not an easy pitch to play big shots on

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
NZ may opt to bowl again but if they do bat, they have more than enough time to try and make this the largest test win by runs.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wagner is the greatest bowler of all time and to see all of you ungrateful cretins turn on him is disappointing, but very New Zealand of you all.

Once, you all would have collectively sold your dogs to a Campbells soup factory just to oil his body before the next guy got a chance.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
NZ may opt to bowl again but if they do bat, they have more than enough time to try and make this the largest test win by runs.
Give Conway and Latham another shot at making a score, they need the net session.

Promote Blundell to 3 as well imo. Henry at 4 for his maiden century.

thierry henry

International Coach
Wagner is the greatest bowler of all time and to see all of you ungrateful cretins turn on him is disappointing, but very New Zealand of you all.

Once, you all would have collectively sold your dogs to a Campbells soup factory just to oil his body before the next guy got a chance.
Not me. Pitch it up ****.