• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tom Hartley walks on water, but did KP really just give us a chance because he got a 2nd XI double :laugh:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, it’s not good umpiring. They made the decision then Rohit had a whinge so they had another look. It’s ****ing appalling
This. They did it to avoid yet another Indian captain yelling into the stump mic about cheating.

The ICC is merely the export division of the BCCI.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Genuinely baffled as to why it went back up?

If Hartley had been given out in the end I’d have posted a few words in capital letters to express my outrage
But isn't umpire's call supposed to be out in this case? Or did they change the rule around it?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No, it’s not good umpiring. They made the decision then Rohit had a whinge so they had another look. It’s ****ing appalling
Nah.. this is how you guys got a wicket back in the 2021 tour in Chennai. Rahane, I think. Root had a whinge then too. Anyways, it was silly coz I think unless the umpire literally told the 3rd ump that his call for the LBW was not out, that was out.

Gnske

But isn't umpire's call supposed to be out in this case? Or did they change the rule around it?
It's happened a few times before. Depends on how the umpire has given you out, then it's only umpires call in the fielding side's favour for the original method of dismissal. If LBW hasn't been given, it resets to not-out umpires call.

It's been around awhile. I can't name the particular incident, but I remember this kind of thing blowing up a few years back.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think once upon a time it would have been yeah. But because it wasn’t originally lbw I get the logic. I don’t really think there’s a satisfactory way to resolve on umpire’s call in that situation if am honest.

I don’t have a problem with them being confused by it, but the decision going back up for another look was poor.

And that really is the game. Well played Bumrah.

Gnske

This is all Root, Pope and Stokes's fault btw.

Especially Root and Stokes. A big chase is a big chase, but their dismissals were perfectly pathetic for the England cap. I guess McCullum's habit of losing and to keep losing has infested this team.

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
Rohit was whinging about the original decision being out, but the lbw being not out on umpires call.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's happened a few times before. Depends on how the umpire has given you out, then it's only umpires call in the fielding side's favour for the original method of dismissal. If LBW hasn't been given, it resets to not-out umpires call.

It's been around awhile. I can't name the particular incident, but I remember this kind of thing blowing up a few years back.
Ah, yes, now I remember. I think they default to a not out call if they gave it as a catch. Fair enough.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This series hasn't been good news for Jack Leach. I can definitely see Tom Hartley rocking up at number eight in the Summer as the sole spinner.
Yes, that's one possible sub-plot from this series. The other one is whether Bairstow retains his place when Brook returns.