• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

Ghost75

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Have been following the Black Caps since the mid 80s and never thought we’d have a batsman score 30 test centuries. In all likelihood he’ll be the only one to do it. Congratulations Kane!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
30 test centuries. Never would've believed it when I first heard about some 15 year old pipsqueak who couldn't stop scoring runs in high-school cricket. Well done KW!
Batting with someone who could conceivably pass him if we actually manage to keep playing test cricket at the same rate as we do now

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did we ever find out what caused his significant drop in pace? Just came back from England a different bowlers.
They have to bowl so many overs on the county circuit that you kind of have to cut pace if you want to be available more than 50% of the time as a seamer, and the conditions do allow for bowling like this to still be as effective as what he was bowling before he left. English PONIs who are quick are rested a lot but ring-in pros who live and die based on what their county will pay them are very much incentivised to Olivierise themselves.

Same thing happened to Kyle Jarvis.

SeamUp

International Coach
Did we ever find out what caused his significant drop in pace? Just came back from England a different bowlers.

Great partnership by these two.
Yeah 2 quality players.

Honestly, not sure. His time in County cricket wasn't great either was it? Did he even pick up an injury? I mean it was quite a drastic fall away at such a young age.