• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

thierry henry

International Coach
I stopped watching for about a week and they got through about 8 overs. I guess missing hardly any cricket is…the good part of slow overrates?

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I bet Jake Gibson wouldn't expect to be mentioned in a Proteas v Blackcaps thread. But ....

Why has he changed his name to de Swardt and pretending to be a South African?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
SA bowler NZ domestic equivalents:

Paterson: Jesse Ryder, maybe a bit of Kieran Noema Barnett
Olivier: Michael Rae (grips ball hard, jerky action)
Moreki: struggled with this one but have arbitrarily decided it's James Baker
De Swardt: Angus McKenzie (slow)

Any better matches?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
de Swardt gives hope to Danru Ferns of a test cameo.

In saying that I don't want to rip into these guys for putting country over franchise. They've come out with a plan to bowl dry and they're doing very well. Should have had KW and 150/3 would be very spicy.
Yeah completely agree, they've made it difficult and have only been let down by catching.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Look on the bright side South Africa, if Nicholls was playing you'd have already dropped him 5-6 times by now.

ataraxia

International Coach
SA bowler NZ domestic equivalents:

Paterson: Jesse Ryder, maybe a bit of Kieran Noema Barnett
Olivier: Michael Rae (grips ball hard, jerky action)
Moreki: struggled with this one but have arbitrarily decided it's James Baker
De Swardt: Angus McKenzie (slow)

Any better matches?
Can't help comparing his record to Tickner's myself.

Flem274*

123/5
Should be 160/4. Tbh this is a very professional effort from guys SA wouldn't normally be interested in. The system over there is still producing very solid cricketers to fill domestic squads behind the superstars.

It's just the catching has been a bit domestic as well unfortunately.

SeamUp

International Coach
It was always going to be the problem. Prolonged and varied threat with our bowling. Can only really get wickets with nibble and or discipline. Barring Sipamla (who would be in NZL) these guys were all signed in the SA20 but a few haven't played with injury.

1) Rabada
2) Nortje
3) Burger
4) Coetzee
5) M Jansen
6) Ngidi
7) Williams
8) Swanepoel
9) Dupavillon
10) Sipamla (injured)
11) E Bosch
12) B Hendricks