• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Think Rachin might have too, judging from that shot.
Rachin’s game is pretty well suited to no.4 (too bad once again Will Young) but as things stand Cummins and Hazlewood will make life very difficult for him you feel.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Rachin’s game is pretty well suited to no.4 (too bad once again Will Young) but as things stand Cummins and Hazlewood will make life very difficult for him you feel.
Yeah this prep against a fairly disciplined but still bowling too short 120kmph attack isn't going to be quite enough

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can't believe you pricks said their bowling was toothless and conditions were easy before we had runs on the board
I was thinking about this last night. Even though the batting lineup is pretty close to full strength and the bowling lineup is basically fifth choice, I still had as much if not more faith in their bowlers than their batsmen because they have so much better bowling depth than batting depth at the moment. Such an odd situation.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Very different circumstances and conditions, but he did alright against them at the World Cup. Hopefully that tells us he isn't going to be overawed, at least.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
No pace whatsoever, it's going to be a struggle...
I wish we took a punt on someone with raw pace like a Merrick Brett , hard to see where we are gonna take 20 wickets.

ataraxia

International Coach
Waiting for Brand to bring himself on and get pummelled. Preferably then RSA play Piedt in Hamilton as a result, so he can get pummelled too. Good times.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Rachin could've been on 101* if he'd found the gaps.
SA have set pretty good fields, and bowled well to them. I'm still convinced it's a good pitch, that we just haven't found a way to score quicker on because of those two things, plus an inability to attack/time it against an attack they're not used to and probably gun shy to get out to