• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Vernon Philander didn’t need pace to be highly effective. Just bowl good line & length and eventually they will nick off.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm of two minds. Mitchell has been a lock at number 5 and good security. Number 4 has been the position up for grabs with question marks over Nicholls. I guess there's a line of thinking that Ravindra would come into the side much like Kane who batted 6 before moving to number 3. I don't mind it through.
Following on from this, Mitchell has the experience and ability to both set the tone for an innings, but also provide dogged resistance and counter attack. Perfect number 5 for me in this side. Rachin started out at 7 saving a test but imo his role should be more setting up an innings, batting 4 or higher early in his career.

He says, just as he nearly gets out.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I can't believe you pricks said their bowling was toothless and conditions were easy before we had runs on the board

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Richardson talking about how this is such a big promotion in the batting order for Ravindra … ok, I know he won’t have seen any domestic cricket or have any clue about our players whatsoever, but I thought he’d have some knowledge of what happened at the World Cup?

Rachin looking a bit dicey by the way, hopefully he can get through this.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Santner was broken as a test spin bowler on the last tour of Australia in 2019, and now he’s finally found his way back into the team….ahead of a series against Australia.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Guy looks like a perfectly solid test class bowler imo. Obviously a bit below SA's usual benchmark, but he's not offering any freebies.

ataraxia

International Coach
So interesting to pick both Piedt and von Berg for the tour and then play neither of them in Tauranga, the dry pitch. Meanwhile, our spin quartet (Santner, Phillips, Rachin, Southee) is going to annihilate.

Looks like the Moreki gamble is paying off.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Genius shot from Williamson to hit the yorker over the keeper for four - is there nothing this man cannot do?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can Gill and Iyer please watch highlights of Kane so they can learn how to defend.

I'd almost forgotten what compact batting looked like after the last few weeks.