• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think you ask 10 guys and there top 6/7 would all be different. Think it just shows you how open the fight is for test batting spots.

What I will say is, no South African has scored more FC runs or 100s than Rickelton in the last 3 years. He feels the only truly dominant FC player at the moment we have.
Yeah. I'm actually a fan of Rickelton as keeper. Or possibly playing 6 with Verryenne at 7. And the batting is very open, and any of these players could make the first team. In many ways this is their ultimate opportunity to force their way in. As you've already said.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Nothing in this wicket and the bowler with the most credentials is sending down mid-120s.

350-2 stumps.

BazBall21

Just remembered Daryl Mitchell will be batting on this pitch against this attack. Dear god.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I actually don't think they've been bad at all. Having said that, life will get very tough for them once the pitch dries out.

BazBall21

Kane just doesn't give it away. Obviously has the super tight technique and plays nearly everything on merit. If the bowling is a bit meh and/or the pitch is a bit dead, you just feel miles from his wicket. Near remorseless when a big score is there for the taking.

BazBall21

Fancied Latham to blow it. Thought Daryl would be at 4 though? More solid technique than Ravindra.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Gen X generally are to blame for giving their kids unique names but imo the South Afrikaners started it

530863.jpg

Meridio

International Regular
Yeah South Africa not bowling badly at all. Good lines and lengths and haven't served up many freebies. They do lack pace though and there's not a lot in the pitch so as the shine wears off the ball they could struggle - think they'll look to bowl dry and play on the batsmen's patience.

Jeez Kane clearly not moving at 100%, was an easy single there but he was well down in pace and would've been out

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Fancied Latham to blow it. Thought Daryl would be at 4 though? More solid technique than Ravindra.
I'm of two minds. Mitchell has been a lock at number 5 and good security. Number 4 has been the position up for grabs with question marks over Nicholls. I guess there's a line of thinking that Ravindra would come into the side much like Kane who batted 6 before moving to number 3. I don't mind it through.