• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

FBU

International Debutant
Robinson and Woakes will almost certainly be in the side next summer and Wood/Tongue for the extra pace. Potts will be ne next in line I guess.

Not counting Jimmy, no idea how much longer he goes on after 700 wickets but if he is going to carry on Potts is pushed further down the pecking list.
Probably his last summer.

I see the next line up as Robinson, Woakes, Archer, Stokes
There are always injuries.
Waiting...... Wood, Tongue, Potts, Stone, Atkinson, Mahmood, Lawes, Turner, Carse...

Molehill

International Captain
Stokes having his first practice bowl today, just off a few steps. Promising signs for the Summer anyway (can't see him bowling before then).

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Would love to see England jump out to a 2-0 lead and blow the series wide open but it's hard not to see India coming back strongly.
Last time England won the first test in India it cast an evil spell over them.
India got mad, and the pitches became ugly. Very very ugly indeed.
The next 3 tests were a complete obliteration and they couldn't score a run, in one test not making 200 over the combined innings.

Nas207

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wondering when the last time was that two players in a Test team were born after another had made his International debut.
This is harder than I thought. I was thinking Shahid Afridi, but so far can't find anyone young enough.

Molehill

International Captain
Would love to see England jump out to a 2-0 lead and blow the series wide open but it's hard not to see India coming back strongly.
Last time England won the first test in India it cast an evil spell over them.
India got mad, and the pitches became ugly. Very very ugly indeed.
The next 3 tests were a complete obliteration and they couldn't score a run, in one test not making 200 over the combined innings.
India were at near enough full strength in that series, England were coming off the back of a Sri Lanka Tour and were resting players from the Covid restrictions. That one Test you mention was also a pink ball farce.

Whilst the England spin attack is very inexperienced, the batting is far stronger now and not totally reliant on Root. India are clearly a shadow of that 2021 team.

I expect India to win, but this is far different to the last Tour and England won't be the pushovers they were then.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
India were at near enough full strength in that series, England were coming off the back of a Sri Lanka Tour and were resting players from the Covid restrictions. That one Test you mention was also a pink ball farce.

Whilst the England spin attack is very inexperienced, the batting is far stronger now and not totally reliant on Root. India are clearly a shadow of that 2021 team.

I expect India to win, but this is far different to the last Tour and England won't be the pushovers they were then.
Yeah you're right and Bazball is a totally different kettle of fish.

One thing that won't change though as the tour goes deeper, is missing the home cookery more and more.
There aren't many nice roasts or Yorkshlre puddings to be found on tour.

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah you're right and Bazball is a totally different kettle of fish.

One thing that won't change though as the tour goes deeper, is missing the home cookery more and more.
There aren't many nice roasts or Yorkshlre puddings to be found on tour.
Probably why they brought their own chef with them this time!!