• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

cnerd123

likes this
I think it'll be a straight swap. Jaddu and Lokesh out, Kuldeep and Patidar/Sarfraz in. Don't think we'll see anything else funky.

Would be nice if Umesh got a call up tho. Seems to be bowling well in Ranji. Probably a better old-ball option than Siraj, who seemingly can't get reverse swing or bowl dry.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Surely there should be a new thread for the 2nd test at Vizag? Well anyway,
there must be some doubt whether Leach will be fit, I would expect Anderson
to come in for Wood, maybe Yobbo as well if Leach cant play, but England
might do something really freaky and play Bashir, seeing how much
success Root had. Both Rahul and Jadega will miss the 2nd with injuries, so
some decisions for India too. However England are so buoyant after that
win, they probably believe they are all supermen and can fly.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
This is shaping up to be a brilliant series. Five Tests, Eng winning already and posing serious questions, injuries and absences in the Indian ranks. And it goes on till March :wub:

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
It's usually us who have the bad luck with injuries.

India will have 3 key players out assuming Kholi isn't returning soon.

Arachnodouche

International Captain

Xix2565

International Regular
Its just an insane exclusion .

His last test match was in Bangladesh where he got MOTM so their should be no debate over whether he should play the next unless you are an absolute turnip.

I think Kuldeep is the bowling option, though as far as batting goes I don't think Washington is that out of the picture compared to Patidar and Sarfaraz. It isn't like he has a terrible Test or FC record.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I suspect it’ll be Washy, Patidar and Kuldeep for Jadeja, KL and Siraj.

I don’t think they’ll budge from the 5 bowler strat anytime soon. Which is fine in this case as Kuldeep and Washy do offer some decent batting depth. You also don’t want to get caught with an injured bowler or a lack of options whilst getting bazballed.

Subject to the bowling friendliness of the wicket though a 4 bowler attack can definitely be the better option.