• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

ruhi66

Cricket Spectator
Bazball continues to thrill, even when logic appears to have gone out of the window and I find myself questioning some decisions Stokes makes, they just make it work! It’s phenomonal, a different record is made each series, though this series is far from over and before this Tes I could not see us winning this overall, but you just never know!

Such an unbelievable mindset shift in this England side. We really are fun to watch!
Yes, the magic and thrill of Bazball, coupled with England's phenomenal mindset shift, make each match a spectacle worth watching. As the series unfolds, the only certainty is the uncertainty that comes with Bazball, and England's ability to navigate it with flair and excitement. We also mentioned & praised england in our articles at cricbattips, all these aggresive approach came after brendon mccullam taken over as head coach.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe not so much spin-friendly, as pace-unfriendly? Slow, low, little movement etc? When England are bowling 90% of their overs from spin there's got to be something causing that surely
Nah not true at all, on the first two days there was excellent carry through to the keepers/slip from the pacers. People were saying England might have made a mistake playing only one pacer.

TheJediBrah

Nah not true at all, on the first two days there was excellent carry through to the keepers/slip from the pacers. People were saying England might have made a mistake playing only one pacer.
I'm just over here looking hard for an excuse to avoid crediting anything to "bazball"

And it was ****ing weird that England had 4 spinners, including Root, all bowling more overs than their 1 quick. Like seriously who needs ever needs 4 spinners

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It was also confusing why the Brit media were complaining about how the pitch was drier at the spinners full length and grassier in the fast bowlers' hard length. Doesn't it help both seamers and spinners and therefore the most ideal wicket ever prepared going by Athers etcetera's proclamations?

Last edited:

Bahseph

International Debutant
Well done to England. Sometimes all you need is someone to believe in you and you will thrive. Applies to life in general as well. I think India were over confident in that first innings. They could have ground England into the dust but they clearly didn't rate Ahmed and Hartley and wanted to punt them out of the ground repeatedly.

Ali TT

International Regular
It's an attitude thing, for mine. Man for man, India wins it every day of the week on that surface. But India have this rock star mentality about them, that they're not particularly interested in working hard and it seems like they're quite happy to be proclaimed as the best XI in the world, rather than actually being it. No one wanted to work too hard in that 4th innings, perfectly encapsulated by Ashwin and Siraj entering the Shannon Gabriel All Stars XI as the worst shots in defeat in living memory. They took the foot off the throat in the 3rd innings with the ball, too.
If your young bats are consistently averaging 60-70+ in first class cricket they won't ever have to have worked hard in their professional career.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was also confusing why the Brit media were complaining about how the pitch was drier at the spinners full length and grassier in the fast bowlers' hard length. Doesn't it help both seamers and spinners and therefore the most ideal wicket ever prepared going by Athers etcetera's proclamations?
Also going by scores only it was challenging to bat on at the start, easiest on days 2 and 3, and became difficult at the end aka the pErFeCt TeSt MaTcH PiTcH

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's an attitude thing, for mine. Man for man, India wins it every day of the week on that surface. But India have this rock star mentality about them, that they're not particularly interested in working hard and it seems like they're quite happy to be proclaimed as the best XI in the world, rather than actually being it. No one wanted to work too hard in that 4th innings, perfectly encapsulated by Ashwin and Siraj entering the Shannon Gabriel All Stars XI as the worst shots in defeat in living memory. They took the foot off the throat in the 3rd innings with the ball, too.
Congrats on entering heads of Indian cricketers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Kuldeep Yadav could improve the bowling. They could play one bowler less (Siraj out) to shore up the batting.
I was thinking they might even drop Bharat for a bat and make Rahul keep to balance out the loss of batting from Jadeja. Rahul keeping to Kuldeep could end in tears though.

OverratedSanity

It's an attitude thing, for mine. Man for man, India wins it every day of the week on that surface. But India have this rock star mentality about them, that they're not particularly interested in working hard and it seems like they're quite happy to be proclaimed as the best XI in the world, rather than actually being it. No one wanted to work too hard in that 4th innings, perfectly encapsulated by Ashwin and Siraj entering the Shannon Gabriel All Stars XI as the worst shots in defeat in living memory.
Seems like lazy armchair psychoanalysis to me. Maybe applies to guys like Gill and Iyer who look lazy as **** and seen to not prioritize test cricket and consistently throw their wickets away to soft shots. Ashwin though battled it out for a couple of hours but then with Bharat gone and two number 12s to come he kinda had to look for runs. A charge down the track is a perfectly reasonable option (actually wish India did it more) but it's always going to look bad when it fails. Bharat tried too but he just kinda sucks.

Spark

Global Moderator
Also going by scores only it was challenging to bat on at the start, easiest on days 2 and 3, and became difficult at the end aka the pErFeCt TeSt MaTcH PiTcH
this but without the spongebob case

Seems like lazy armchair psychoanalysis to me. Maybe applies to guys like Gill and Iyer who look lazy as **** and seen to not prioritize test cricket and consistently throw their wickets away to soft shots. Ashwin though battled it out for a couple of hours but then with Bharat gone and two number 12s to come he kinda had to look for runs. A charge down the track is a perfectly reasonable option (actually wish India did it more) but it's always going to look bad when it fails. Bharat tried too but he just kinda sucks.
I also don't even think it's "lack of prioritisation of Test cricket", I think it's reasonable to assume they take playing Test cricket for India extremely seriously. I think it's more likely that they've all been infected by a severe case of Chappellism: "play your natural game, no matter what it is and no matter the situation/pitch"

Molehill

International Captain
I'm not sure it really changed that much at all. At the start, England just Bazballed themselves to 250. It wasn't an overly intelligent innings, a typical first effort on Tour by this lot to be honest. By Day 4, the tail still added over 100 in the morning before India were then bowled out.

Seemed like the perfect pitch for India to show they had better spinners and batting know how, and that's exactly what happened for 2 and a half days. Then Pope did his thing, it added some pressure, and we know what happens when you apply pressure to Indian batsmen....