• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Molehill

International Captain
You will have read about the insane numbers from Sarfraz Khan but the slight caveat is the numbers with the A side not as frightening and some of his monster scores are against dire attacks, he deserves his shot, but England is a massive step up for him.
Rajat Patidar smashed the Lions so in form, reading on this thread poor enough ranji numbers in his career early days but they have got better recently. Obviously only one will replace KL.
On paper, there would seem little between the Lions bowling attack and the England side.....but that's before you bring in Stokes' captaincy which seems to get the most out of them.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Depends who they pick .

You will have read about the insane numbers from Sarfraz Khan but the slight caveat is the numbers with the A side not as frightening and some of his monster scores are against dire attacks, he deserves his shot, but England is a massive step up for him.
Rajat Patidar smashed the Lions so in form, reading on this thread poor enough ranji numbers in his career early days but they have got better recently. Obviously only one will replace KL.

Jadeja will be replaced by Kuldeep who you will have seen plenty of or Washington Sundar who did ok last time England toured India.

Shami, KL, Jadeja, Pant and Kohli absent , doubts over Gill and Iyer in this format, this is a golden opportunity for England IMO.
the lack of India A scores for Sarfaraz isn’t true anymore tbf, last i checked he averaged somewhere around 46 for them and he’s scored 96, 55, 1 and 161 against the Lions now and has a fifty against SA A last month

Niall

International Coach
So

Rohit-Jaiswal- Gill (ugh),- Iyer (ughhhh) - Padidar - Sarafraz - Bharat-
Axar-Ashwin- Kuldeep-Bumrah

Its very spin heavy , but with doubts over Iyer and Gill and Bharat ever unlikely to score to many runs , they may have to drop a seamer .

Washy I can't fit into the side either, he's clearly a better bat than Kuldeep but Kuldeep is a match winning spinner and batting depth isn't an issue with above side.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jesus. We're in a real hole here. With Rahul gone, I dont think they can drop Gill (which is sorely needed). Would be too many n00bs for one game. Rohit gotta step up, the rest aren't up to this challenge.
I was kind of in the "never again" basket but it does seem like a perfect scenario to call up Pujara. He'd cope with it all a lot better than someone outside the squad.

Shri

Mr. Glass
So

Its very spin heavy , but with doubts over Iyer and Gill and Bharat ever unlikely to score to many runs , they may have to drop a seamer .

Washy I can't fit into the side either, he's clearly a better bat than Kuldeep but Kuldeep is a match winning spinner and batting depth isn't an issue with above side.
sundar can come in for gill

guaranteed to score more runs

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So

They’ll never stop playing 5 bowlers.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was kind of in the "never again" basket but it does seem like a perfect scenario to call up Pujara. He'd cope with it all a lot better than someone outside the squad.
Injured lol

And the for Rahane lovers -

7a84162b-f30c-46a3-978c-ee4fefff8301.jpeg

plus single digits in both innings of his current match