• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean it's going well, but saying Rehan is looking solid, when every ball was missed or edged, I started this post before he was out, ho-hum, still a decent effort from the lad.

Spark

Global Moderator
One of the dumbest memes going around cricket discussions (not here tbf) is that reverse swing is dead. I think the WC final and this shows that reverse swing is very much alive, we just don't see the sorts of conditions conducive to it much these days. Still very much a part of a game when such conditions exist.

Shady Slim

International Coach
One of the dumbest memes going around cricket discussions (not here tbf) is that reverse swing is dead. I think the WC final and this shows that reverse swing is very much alive, we just don't see the sorts of conditions conducive to it much these days. Still very much a part of a game when such conditions exist.
isn't it more though one day cricket this convo is generally directed at?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
England will always bat well and do par or even above par like quite a few times as long as they dont get extra funky with the bazball stuff. The idea of letting batsmen play the way they are most comfortable with and not let go of (what they may feel as) boundary opportunities just because "muh test cricket" is a great one.

Its their bowling that will be the issue.

And as great an innings as Ollie Pope has played, and this is up there with the Steve Smith efforts in 2017 outside of Pune, I wont call that he is suddenly great against spin. The pitch has slowed down comfortably and the turn is slow, consistent and the bounce is consistently low. You honestly cant ask for better 2nd innings batting conditions tbh.

I felt 350 was par batting first. And we should have made 500+ but we basically threw away every one of our wickets. But the lead is about where I thought it may have ended up had both teams batted par innings. This is a very good test match now and building up to be even better. India's batting is dicey as hell and if England cant fancy themselves now, they wont ever in this test series.

Spark

Global Moderator
England will always bat well and do par or even above par like quite a few times as long as they dont get extra funky with the bazball stuff. The idea of letting batsmen play the way they are most comfortable with and not let go of (what they may feel as) boundary opportunities just because "muh test cricket" is a great one.

Its their bowling that will be the issue.

And as great an innings as Ollie Pope has played, and this is up there with the Steve Smith efforts in 2017 outside of Pune, I wont call that he is suddenly great against spin. The pitch has slowed down comfortably and the turn is slow, consistent and the bounce is consistently low. You honestly cant ask for better 2nd innings batting conditions tbh.

I felt 350 was par batting first. And we should have made 500+ but we basically threw away every one of our wickets. But the lead is about where I thought it may have ended up had both teams batted par innings. This is a very good test match now and building up to be even better. India's batting is dicey as hell and if England cant fancy themselves now, they wont ever in this test series.
Yeah I was actually kind of underwhelmed with India's batting effort. Given what they were facing, and the nature of their dismissals, they honestly should have still been batting all day yesterday and it's only a lack of discipline that gave England a chance to do this at all. It's almost as they found the bowling so juicy that they weren't fully switched on mentally.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This pitch has been really good IMHO, not too biased in either direction, and it's breaking up now, which is how it should be.