• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Watching the highlights, I see that Leach did bowl one over today. Is that a cause for slight optimism that he might be on the mend, or does that one over simply confirm that he's nowhere near fit enough to bowl tomorrow?

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Look at these ****ing Brits gambhiring.

England are ahead if anything. Pope looking unstoppable, Rehan Hartley and Wood can all bat and even Leach has won games.

No reason England can't get 200+ here and skittle us for **** all. Rohit Jaiswal and Gill all love a brain fade, Iyer will get bounced out, and Lokesh Jadeja and Axar are due a failure with the bat. Hartley could troll a few wickets, Root could legit take a five-fer.
Not gambhiring it's speaking from experience haha.

I support Sunderland in football you live with natural pessimism up our way.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching the highlights now – hopefully the pair of hilarious Ashwin gaffes in quick succession didn't go unnoticed.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Pitch has got easier to bat on, Leach probably can’t bowl. 200 will be straightforward.
It’s less about the pitch and more about our ****ty batting lineup and their ability to face any real pressure…especially when the opposition refuses to fold like what England is doing right now…

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Pope has always had significant batting ability but has struggled to convert that into runs on the board.

Under McCullum he has got out too many times trying to be ultra positive, almost as if he felt as vice Captain, he had to show the team, he could play in the Bazball style.

He hasn't played for 6 months and it looked like it in the 1st innings.

But day's knock was top class, on a tricky pitch against a top class attack, he played an innings I didn't know he had in him.

We were told he couldn't score in India,.that he couldn't play top class spin. Well he can now.

It was an innings for the ages.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India have the most insecure and obnoxious celebrations of wickets in the world game, my god.

Kohli's short-man syndrome has spread through this team like a cluster munition of AIDS.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look at these ****ing Brits gambhiring.

England are ahead if anything. Pope looking unstoppable, Rehan Hartley and Wood can all bat and even Leach has won games.

No reason England can't get 200+ here and skittle us for **** all. Rohit Jaiswal and Gill all love a brain fade, Iyer will get bounced out, and Lokesh Jadeja and Axar are due a failure with the bat. Hartley could troll a few wickets, Root could legit take a five-fer.
If you’re gonna bitch and moan like this next Sunday, I’ll stay in Adelaide instead of coming back to take you to the SCG. Zip it ffs

Shri

Mr. Glass
you will go to a pool and forget about him anyway because you are too weak to watch a day of test cricket in hot weather ****

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am no fan of Pope and I dont think he is particularly likely to make big runs against spin but an Ian Bell level player is fine at 3 for this line up and its not like much better ones are waiting in the shed, maybe that Bohannon kid with the Lions but let him fail a few times first, FFS.

Thanks for proving me right Ollie but get out now FFS.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And @Spark this is exactly the type of pitch that shows its absolutely idiotic to think a pitch that turns on day 1 cannot get better to bat on as the days progress. Mike Atherton etc. have literally no understanding of how tracks in the SC can actually go and keep repeating the same nonsense about how a pitch that turns a lot on day 1 can never be good for cricket etc etc.

Spark

Global Moderator
And @Spark this is exactly the type of pitch that shows its absolutely idiotic to think a pitch that turns on day 1 cannot get better to bat on as the days progress. Mike Atherton etc. have literally no understanding of how tracks in the SC can actually go and keep repeating the same nonsense about how a pitch that turns a lot on day 1 can never be good for cricket etc etc.
I don't understand why this is addressed at me, I'm well aware of all this.

I can only think this is because this is how turning pitches outside of India/Sri Lanka can behave due to the effect of cracks, the sun, unevenness of bounce etc