• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Spark

Global Moderator
Every ball bowled by a spinner has some overspin which would make it dip a fraction more (even on the path after the bounce on the way down) than any ball bowled by a pacer right?.
Oh sure but I mean the amount of research and the complexity of systems and the amount of cameras you'd have to dedicate to that alone would be... well, a lot.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh sure but I mean the amount of research and the complexity of systems and the amount of cameras you'd have to dedicate to that alone would be... well, a lot.
No denying that. Get those fake "revs on ball" stats they show sometimes to make up some overspin numbers and include it in the drs model imo.

Molehill

International Captain
Got a feeling that day will sum up the tour. Indian spinners managing to take wickets for an under par score, English spinners getting taken to the cleaners.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Still can't get over the fact that they couldn't persuade Dawson to play. As Leach has shown, if you're accurate, you will contain or trouble the batters.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Got a feeling that day will sum up the tour. Indian spinners managing to take wickets for an under par score, English spinners getting taken to the cleaners.
Don't think it was under par, per se. Just the difference in having good quality spinners and us not being good enough to play high quality spin.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Still can't get over the fact that they couldn't persuade Dawson to play. As Leach has shown, if you're accurate, you will contain or trouble the batters.
I don't even think they asked him did they? I mean he pretty much said he said no.

Should have played Ashes and this. No doubt about it, don't blame him for his stance.

danzydab

U19 12th Man
yea dawson would've made a world of difference. i wonder if eng will persist with 2 seamers from now on for the rest of the series