• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a weird strategy to have the field back for all 6 balls but fair enough given Stokes has shown in the past that he doesn't mind taking the boundary once the field comes up

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone volunteering to do LMS this series? I did it the last two times. So it will be nice if someone else can run it and I can play.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Get Stokes up to 3-4 on this tour. He is very good with the tail but he was batting with Rehan far too early in his innings today. Don't want him stuck on 20 etc when he's batting with the tail. For an attacking batsman, he's a relatively slow starter when at his best too. Pope has minimal chance against spin no matter where he bats. Send him down and get Stokes up.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Get Stokes up to 3-4 on this tour. He is very good with the tail but he was batting with Rehan far too early in his innings today. Don't want him stuck on 20 etc when he's batting with the tail. For an attacking batsman, he's a relatively slow starter when at his best too. Pope has minimal chance against spin no matter where he bats. Send him down and get Stokes up.
I'd have had him at three and Lawrence down the order, rather than cat-on-a-hot-tin-roof Pope. Or Lawrence at three, either way.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Would have been interesting to see who batted 3 had Brook not had to pull out.

Molehill

International Captain
I'd have had him at three and Lawrence down the order, rather than cat-on-a-hot-tin-roof Pope. Or Lawrence at three, either way.
Lawrence for Pope should be a no brainer. One can play spin and also bowl some handy stuff too, the other is a kid on haribo.