• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kirkut

International Regular
None actually.

At a neutral venue, Aus/Eng/Ind/SA/NZ stand equal chances of winning. There is no clear dominant side.

Kirkut

International Regular
England do stand a chance of being the best side only if they find a good spinner and Woakes/Wood reach elite status.

Xix2565

International Regular
Why the hell is Pujara even being compared to Dravid anyway? Batsmen like Dravid don’t come around often, he was an ATG, it’s unreasonable to expect every Indian no. 3 after him to be as good or near his quality.
Well, if we want to hate on someone, we need someone superior to compare them to.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
None actually.

At a neutral venue, Aus/Eng/Ind/SA/NZ stand equal chances of winning. There is no clear dominant side.
I think this is all true except India. At the vast majority of "neutral" venues in Asia, India should win comfortably. Likwise most neutral venues outside Asia the others should win (unless India have their 4th choise bowling attack and their captain is out of the side :ph34r: ).

For this reason India have just as much right to claim no. 1 than any of the others

number11

State Regular
I missed the poll but its clearly Australia at the moment. They are a fine test side.
TBH these polls are a bit pointless as certain people flood them [on any platform] and vote along national lines rather than as per the merits of the case.

subshakerz

International Coach
It is quite simple. If Australia win this series in England, they are undoubtedly the best team in the world.

The only real argument would be if England or India are second best and that can be decided later this year.

For Australia, fewest weaknesses on paper, reasonably good in SC, WTC champions and the first team to subdue BazBall if it happens.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why the hell is Pujara even being compared to Dravid anyway? Batsmen like Dravid don’t come around often, he was an ATG, it’s unreasonable to expect every Indian no. 3 after him to be as good or near his quality.
It's because of the silly mantle of the "new wall" he was given because he bats 3 and bats long durations of time like dravid did even though apart from those two superfluous similarities they bat nothing alike. Not being as good as a top 3 Indian batsman of all time is hardly an insult. He's had a comparable career to guys like Vengarkar or Amarnath which is pretty damn good all things considered.

Shady Slim

International Coach
It is quite simple. If Australia win this series in England, they are undoubtedly the best team in the world.

The only real argument would be if England or India are second best and that can be decided later this year.

For Australia, fewest weaknesses on paper, reasonably good in SC, WTC champions and the first team to subdue BazBall if it happens.
this is a very sweeping and definitely not established proposition

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think FTP cycles are usually 4 years. So while its not perfect, its probably the closest we have to everyone playing everyone home and away. So, for me, when a team keeps up really good results for a 4 year period, they can lay claim to being the best in the world.

subshakerz

International Coach
I think FTP cycles are usually 4 years. So while its not perfect, its probably the closest we have to everyone playing everyone home and away. So, for me, when a team keeps up really good results for a 4 year period, they can lay claim to being the best in the world.
Who is best at the moment?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
define "at the moment" though.. if you are looking at results over just a year and a half or so, then England definitely in with a shout. But they have also not won a series in an year or so.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As in, best based on the 4 year period.
I dunno coz the covid years skew up the schedule. Australia have not played SA or NZ away and actually had very little away cricket in which they beat Pak and SL while losing to Ind and drawing in Eng. India have drawn their latest in RSA and Eng and won in other places. They did lose to NZ and RSA. England have also had that big slump under Root before picking up again in Bazball.

I dont think there is any standout side. If pushed, I may say Australia as they have only lost one away series (and one home series) compared to others who have lost more. India has an equally arguable case. I just feel Aus doing well in the SC is a greater achievement so that 0.5 pointer works in their favor in my eyes.