• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Sunil1z

International Regular
Djokovic lied on his immigration form

He’s lucky that they didn’t throw him in jail

Safe to say you have no idea what happened in Australia in 2022
So if he lied on his immigration form , why was he allowed next year and not banned for 3 years . It is quite clear you don’t know how Australian immigration works for Normal people and how it worked for Djokovic

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Assuming Lyon comes and stays fit Hartley wont even be in Lancashire's first choice championship side.

Every chance he follows Livingstone and Kerrigan as a one cap wonder - if Bashir ever arrives.
I have it on good authority that Hartley used to have a paper round when he was a kid.

And you'll never guess who owned the newsagent - only a fella who was born in Pakistan.

Now given Hartleys young age, he could easily have been groomed by said newsagent - surprised this hasn't been picked up on by the Indian authorities.

Sunil1z

International Regular
They revoked his Visa because he lied about his vaccination status of which he needed to enter the country.

Bashir hasn't lied about being born in England as far as i'm aware.

Again not comparable
Well IND made the rule in 2009 and didn’t change in 2024 for Bashir . ECB should have known visa rules and applied earlier .

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Well IND made the rule in 2009 and didn’t change in 2024 for Bashir . ECB should have known visa rules and applied earlier .
ECB applied on the the 10th December he wasn't picked for the squad prior the Lions training camp November/December.

So they applied as soon as they could. That's over 7 weeks ago, supposedly 6-8 weeks is the timeframe needed to apply before arrival.

You'd think they could have sped it up in a higher profile case that has now caused a stir ala South Africa banning of Basil D'Olivera, which led to the subsequent banning of that country playing international sport for the best part of 30 years.

Sunil1z

International Regular
ECB applied on the the 10th December he wasn't picked for the squad prior the Lions training camp November/December.

So they applied as soon as they could. That's over 7 weeks ago, supposedly 6-8 weeks is the timeframe needed to apply before arrival.

You'd think they could have sped it up in a higher profile case that has now caused a stir ala South Africa banning of Basil D'Olivera, which led to the subsequent banning of that country playing international sport for the best part of 30 years.
We should start from banning ENG first for not allowing Russian athletes in 2022 .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Didn't realize the country of birth of Basil D'Oliveira's parents orchestrated a terrorist event killing 100s 15 years before in RSA.

I love how offhand @Ashes81 s comment about this is. Its almost like a privileged westerner who has no idea of what it is to be a victim of a terrorist attack lecuturing others on how immigration policies should be handled is not a good look.

Now, to engage the actual issue at hand, I have not read The Guardian's account but going by past experience I dont expect it to be neutral or factual. If ECB did ask BCCI and BCCI could not get the required evidences to speed up this process, then yes, I think we should blame the BCCI. But I would want better evidence than just The Guardian's reports to believe it.

And if the BCCI did present what was required and the Government still did not act faster, then it is definitely the Government's fault. But, its a lot of ifs so far.

Last edited: