• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

chris.hinton

International Captain
what a team that's being picked.

Plenty of talent and the Spinners will do more then enough to cover for Mark Wood and Ben Stokes

The next phase of Bazball is here. We are going with 2 seamers and 4 spinners and full of talent

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
2 inexperienced spinners and a seamer who has to be used in 4 over spells or he gets injured. Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off. (it won't)
It's an exceptionally bold line up.
It would have been easy to play Jimmy instead of the 3rd spinner.

Say what you want about Stokes and McCullum but they aren't afraid to take risks.

Will the line up make any difference to the result, probably not but that doesn't make it the wrong decision.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Reactions from the England camp on the Bashir #visagate situation:

Test captain Ben Stokes said that he is "devastated" for Bashir and "really feels" for the young lad being victimised like this. India's visa policy is "particularly frustrating", he added.

When asked, former captain Joe Root commented that he "wasn't aware" that Bashir had experienced any issues with his visa. "I haven't seen anything." the Yorkshireman confirmed.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd have named Bashir in the side then pulled out on grounds of discrimination. Least it would only be 4-0 not 5-0 then 🙄

Sunil1z

International Regular
Love Australian/ English posters crying about India visa procedure after banning Russia from Olympics 😂

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Robinson the designated WK in the above links - surely that's an error?
Its not the same Robinson.

Seems very hard to believe as I obtained multiple visas for India from the UAE while travelling on a Australian passport and I seriously doubt that he’s the first cricketer to do it this way

Looks like arse covering by Indian authorities
Were you or your parents born in Pakistan?