• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Hmm. I'm no fan of the Mail, obviously. But I think Erika seems a tad confused about how long England's players will be staying in India if she feels this is an 'immigration' issue.
You go through immigration when you land in an airport?

how to control it's borders perhaps a better phrase to use though

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
What I don't understand about Bashir visa issue is why this hasn't been sorted before now.

I know players from other countries have had issues with delays to their visas, but here we have a player that may have played in the test match but can't.

Now from a sporting integrity point of view, that's not good.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
What I don't understand about Bashir visa issue is why this hasn't been sorted before now.

I know players from other countries have had issues with delays to their visas, but here we have a player that may have played in the test match but can't.

The India/Pakistan thing needs sorted for the good of cricket no doubt.

Aatif Nawaz BBC commentator and comedian missed the world cup over his visa. He can cover cricket anywhere else in the world but not India.

If he was truly a threat he'd not work for the BBC and cover cricket all around the world.

kevinw

International 12th Man
If Hartley actually plays this Test, I'll be even more annoyed they couldn't convince Dawson to play. If Hartley and Bashir were just waiting for an injury/loss of form, fine - but I would never have picked either in a million years. I assume they see Hartley as 'drive it into the pitch if it's falling apart' type bowler. Wood as your only seamer - jeez.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The India/Pakistan thing needs sorted for the good of cricket no doubt.

Aatif Nawaz BBC commentator and comedian missed the world cup over his visa. He can cover cricket anywhere else in the world but not India.

If he was truly a threat he'd not work for the BBC and cover cricket all around the world.
I dare say the protagonists don’t really gaf about the good of cricket. Theres probably a bit more at stake in their eyes than playing a game against each other

kevinw

International 12th Man
Sounds like Bashir was probably going to play ahead of Hartley - he's back home now, so who knows when he'll be out there.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Because it’s India

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I dare say the protagonists don’t really gaf about the good of cricket. Theres probably a bit more at stake in their eyes than playing a game against each other
Obviously but if they can't host every player, then they should be ostracised from the sport.

BCCI hold the purse strings so that won't ever happen. But the government might get in line then.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Obviously but if they can't host every player, then they should be ostracised from the sport.

Obviously they hold the purse strings so that won't ever happen. But the government might get in line then.
This sort of politics happens in almost every nation brother

mackembhoy

International Debutant
This sort of politics happens in almost every nation brother
No it doesn't. Please give me examples of similar scenarios in sport please?

Russia invaded Ukraine and their athletes still get to travel the world albeit not under their flag/nationality

There's even Ukrainians still playing football in Russia.

Bashir applied for his Visa over a month ago. It's a complete joke that's he's excluded because his family hails from Pakistan. That's not a valid reason. Stokes is more of a threat of an individual to let in, his antics in Bristol show that.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can we remember this next time an Indian touring side or journos make up a story about being victims because they spent 4 minutes longer in an airport line than they wanted

(I actually support the decision by Indian immigration, I wouldn't be letting an Englishman in the country except under extreme circumstances)

Last edited:

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Say for example a more high profile player wasn't granted a visa in time for the first test, there would be uproar.

Imagine if the boot was on the other foot, and an Indian player wasn't allowed in another country because his parents hailed from a particular country, would the series go ahead, very unlikely.

India has the right to have whatever regulations it sees fit in terms of issuing visas.

But equally, visiting countries have the right to not tour if their chosen squad is not allowed into the country in time for the first test.

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
I understand it is not right in an ideal world.
But in the world we live in, considering India's history with individuals of Pak origin holding foreign passports, there is reason to exercise extra caution. Nation security is above everything else.