• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I believe they might have started those conversations with Bell-Drummond, don;t think they've got far though. He would definitely slot into the middle order ahead of Hodge or Greaves, no doubt about it.

Tbf to the selectors they did actually try to include Brandon King in this squad, but he turned it down for T20s in Bangladesh (aka $$$). King is the most obvious person who cricket followers in the Caribbean know would be an upgrade on what we currently have. Hodge frankly has no business being at this level, it's a pointless exercise.
Do you think Jofra Archer would have succeeded in the WestIndies team ?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Do you think Jofra Archer would have succeeded in the WestIndies team ?
It's hard to say because players get minimal support even now with a much improved CWI, let alone when Jofra was in our Under 19 system. We have ruined players that are just as talented as Jofra.

Shamars story really makes you think how much talent we miss out on with our sub-par scouting and systems.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In Berbice, cricket is in our blood. It’s our sport. Nothing comes closer. We have good systems in there to train talent. I believed when Sir Curtly came to do his coaching camp it was only in Berbice for Berbice cricketers.

Okay, story time…

When I was in high school, we used to play other schools, I remember playing for my school against a stacked Berbice High School, whose home ground was sometimes Tucber Park (same club as Shamar Joseph’s). Now let me get to the point, that BHS team was stacked with players knocking at the doors of the Guyana Senior team. Jeremy Gordon, Gajanand Singh (He was a student of ours but transfer over to them)*…

Coincidentally, Shimron’s wife is a teacher at Berbice High School

*I have to look up the names of these guys.

TheJediBrah

Really hoping the WI tail can do something big today otherwise going to be a long day at work

Might even have to watch the tennis

Qlder

International Debutant
Can't believe Hazlewood has never taken a 10fer...maybe today but hopefully not until WI score 200

Burgey

I don't know why I so desperately want Da Silva to do well, but I do. Compulsive hooking is a tough thing to get away with at test level though.

Beamer

How has Josh Randomly become terrible at the pull shot in this test? He has been very good at it up until now. Bounce maybe?

Beamer

I don't know why I so desperately want Da Silva to do well, but I do. Compulsive hooking is a tough thing to get away with at test level though.
Thing is he has been really good at playing the short ball so far in his career. His issue is usually playing across the front pad. This is a fairly new issue for him.