• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's impressive watching this CD side, they look really well drilled and know exactly what areas they're trying to bowl into, and where they want the Auckland guys to hit.

Then Lennox gets planted for two sixes while I'm typing that :laugh:

ataraxia

International Coach
I see it was only 5 balls but how did McKenzie go in his first opportunity to bat? OutSmalled, but that is a fate shared with approximately half domestic batters now lol.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Did we ever decipher as a group how LAOs are so much more dangerous and hard to get on top of in T20?
Spinning away from the right hander so generally harder to slog? Not sure.

Just watching the replay and Stephenson has won me over explaining to a younger commentator what the Krypton Factor was.

I see it was only 5 balls but how did McKenzie go in his first opportunity to bat? OutSmalled, but that is a fate shared with approximately half domestic batters now lol.
Looked OK in his brief stay. Powerfully stuck six over cover off Small. Missed a full toss then caught at mid off.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Spinning away from the right hander so generally harder to slog? Not sure.

Just watching the replay and Stephenson has won me over explaining to a younger commentator what the Krypton Factor was.

Looked OK in his brief stay. Powerfully stuck six over cover off Small. Missed a full toss then caught at mid off.
Haha! I'll begrugingly give Scotty a kudos point for that. You must be around my vintage - what a show. That and Top Town.

In regards to the LAOs, I think it's the angle of release. Even spinners who don't spin it (which I don't think any of Lennox, Patel and Delport have turned one a degree all tournament) seem to be all over RHers. I think it just comes from a place you're not used to with right arm seamers/spinners, who you are more used to. They seem to be very effective T20 options

thierry henry

International Coach
I don't think I ever watched The Krypton Factor, but I competed in "Krypton Factor" at primary school in I guess maybe 1994 or 1995. I think it was an inter-school thing. I'm actually only fully realising now that "Krypton Factor" isn't a normal school event but was actually entirely based on a TV show.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I don't think I ever watched The Krypton Factor, but I competed in "Krypton Factor" at primary school in I guess maybe 1994 or 1995. I think it was an inter-school thing. I'm actually only fully realising now that "Krypton Factor" isn't a normal school event but was actually entirely based on a TV show.
This description of it as a nerd pentathalon is on the money. I think one of my High School maths teachers was on it. The main thing I remember was the flying fox at the army base where they did an obstacle course. There was another series in the 90's that had a similar course that I vaguely remember Jon Preston narrowly beat Dion Nash on.

thierry henry

International Coach
My main recollection of "competing" is a vague feeling of confusion. I think I was selected in our team because I was a "brainy kid" but I'm not sure I had any idea how any of the games worked or what the Krypton Factor was. I'm not sure that we ever practiced or prepared for it. I just sort of remember being there.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
This description of it as a nerd pentathalon is on the money. I think one of my High School maths teachers was on it. The main thing I remember was the flying fox at the army base where they did an obstacle course. There was another series in the 90's that had a similar course that I vaguely remember Jon Preston narrowly beat Dion Nash on.

The other one was Clash of the Codes. Representatives from all different sports competing to see who was the best athlete. The cricket team pretty much always abysmally failed on every front. Much like they did on the field in the 90s.