• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not even just that he takes everything that comes his way there including screamers noone else would - it almost seems like putting him there cosmically results in more chances going through that area.
I mean there are a lot of balls that go through that general backward point-gullyish area at nominally catchable height without being caught. It's probably the most common "ball went at catchable height into a gap" area on the field.

Spark

Global Moderator
In fact I think it was a series against India, I think maybe 2013 (the one where Kohli, Smith and Murali Vijay piled on runs at will) where balls seemed to be constantly skewing off a thick edge through a vacant gully. Drove me absolutely spare.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular
I like Tage but there's so much wishful thinking about him from the commentators. They did this last year.
I also like him, not easy to follow in your father's footsteps but he has a good attitude , hopefully he can get out of the slump he's currently in.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This West Indian 3-7 has like 1000 Test runs between them
So, it is now 2 series this quarter where teams are playing a really B side in tests while prioritizing T20s. First, the SA team selection for NZ tests and now this WI team. Terrible for test cricket this.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another Cummins 5fer incoming. Lucky I'm WFH today given having an erection at work is frowned upon these days.