• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The family moved back to WA when Murray retired. Jayden did play a lot of age group county cricket growing up. Was a dominant talent.
He's an absolute rarity in that WA actually called him up from regional cricket (where he was opening the batting with his 50 year old father!) instead of Premier Cricket. They typically make young players move to Perth and score runs in first grade there unless they call them up directly from the Australia Under 19s setup.

Spark

Global Moderator
The batting lineup isn't particularly good tbf. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the same lineup got rolled by a Shield team. Have you been watching it or just assuming based on the score?
I've watched it today yeah, seems to be a bit two paced? Bouncier than you usually see here too.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's an absolute rarity in that WA actually called him up from regional cricket (where he was opening the batting with his 50 year old father!) instead of Premier Cricket. They typically make young players move to Perth and score runs in first grade there unless they call them up directly from the Australia Under 19s setup.
nepo baby, smh

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No surprise to see future Test opener Tim Ward as the only CA XI player to post a moderately decent score here.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The batting lineup isn't particularly good tbf. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the same lineup got rolled by a Shield team. Have you been watching it or just assuming based on the score?
Hard to put together a team when 90% of cricketers are playing BBL or tests

On the bright side, the Windies attack has been underrated

They shouldn’t cause the Australian team too many problems consistently but there is some promise

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hard to put together a team when 90% of cricketers are playing BBL or tests

On the bright side, the Windies attack has been underrated

They shouldn’t cause the Australian team too many problems consistently but there is some promise
Yeah their batting is absolutely putrid after the openers but the bowlers aren't awful. The same was true last year though and they still chased leather. When you're bowling to such small totals and the leader of your attack averages about 60 with the Kookaburra then promise only takes you so far.

ataraxia

International Coach
I think Murray was still making more runs than him in regional club cricket when he debuted for WA Second XI too, lol. Should have called up Murray instead.

Murray of course currently tragically sitting out a year ban after hitting the opposition wicket keeper in the head with his bat in the grand final.
:lol: we need more of this content

social

Yeah their batting is absolutely putrid after the openers but the bowlers aren't awful. The same was true last year though and they still chased leather. When you're bowling to such small totals and the leader of your attack averages about 60 with the Kookaburra then promise only takes you so far.
Watched a few highlights of Roach and Worrall in CC this year and I think it’s fair to say that the former is in the twilight of his career

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
The family moved back to WA when Murray retired. Jayden did play a lot of age group county cricket growing up. Was a dominant talent.
Did the family ever actually move out of WA? I thought he basically played for WA and Sussex in the intervening Summers. Murray was a proper hero at Sussex, part of the last great FC team we had.

Can't be many cricketers who had to choose between cricket and a mormon mission as Jayden did.

social

Did the family ever actually move out of WA? I thought he basically played for WA and Sussex in the intervening Summers. Murray was a proper hero at Sussex, part of the last great FC team we had.

Can't be many cricketers who had to choose between cricket and a mormon mission as Jayden did.
Many years ago, there was a knock on my folks front door and they were met by a couple of mormons including this guy

There’s a photo somewhere of my 4’11” Mum with him

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Wyllie is obviously still very young so plenty of time to improve but geez he gets absolutely glued to the crease.
I thought he looked very uncomfy against Joseph. Kept very legside of the ball and didn;t move his feet. That might just be the way he bats though tbf.

Beamer

Tbf last time we had the most horrendous injury crisis for a touring side I can remember, hence Omar Phillips coming in as a sub fielder. If the bowlers actually stay fit this time it will already be a better tour.

Tbh I wouldn;t even play Roach. He was awful with the new ball yesterday, 80mph and outside off, wasting it. He came back a lot better but if he wastes the new ball in the tests we are done for.

WICFan

State 12th Man
Tbf last time we had the most horrendous injury crisis for a touring side I can remember, hence Omar Phillips coming in as a sub fielder. If the bowlers actually stay fit this time it will already be a better tour.

Tbh I wouldn;t even play Roach. He was awful with the new ball yesterday, 80mph and outside off, wasting it. He came back a lot better but if he wastes the new ball in the tests we are done for.
If Seales was available, I'd agree.

Beamer

Akeem Jordan is basically like Roach with the Kookaburra tbh, offers the same skillset but bats slightly better. In Australia, I would be tempted to choose him.

Tbh I would play Sinclair and Motie anyway. After this match it looks like the team could be:

Kraigg
Tage
Mckenzie
Athanaze
Hodge
Greaves
Da Silva
Sinclair
Joseph
Motie
Joseph

I'd bump everyone up one instead of Greaves and play an extra seamer personally, but lets see.

Chubb

International Regular

I find the whole concept of Murray the Mormon hilarious given his reputation 🍻 but we have discussed this before and someone found an article where he notes he isn’t observant but the rest of the family are.