• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

WICFan

State 12th Man
All of a sudden they need Green in the XI, it seems an unnecessary gamble to move Smith to open the batting.

If it doesn't pay off against the Windies and New Zealand then it's a long thought process before India arrive.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Head and Marsh at 5 and 6 is perfectly fine. Green at 4 is what I'm sceptical of
Both Marsh and Head are fine attacking batsmen.

Marsh is finally scoring the runs that he's threatened to for years.

Head can take the game away from any attack.

But I also feel they are both more vulnerable than you'd want your 5 and 6 to be.

Head can really struggle against the short ball and is Marsh going to be able to maintain his current form or is a return to the old Marsh just around the corner.

Put it another way, they're not exactly Border and S Waugh.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's hilarious that Harris, Bancroft & Renshaw have had their focus on this spot for so long, they would have been delighted when Warner announced he was retiring and their whole lives dedicated to getting this opening position in the Test team for the best part of a year . . . and at the 11th hour Smith just says "eh I'll do it" and all their dreams are destroyed

It really makes me happy. I'm a bad person

Spark

Global Moderator
Wyllie is obviously still very young so plenty of time to improve but geez he gets absolutely glued to the crease.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Handscomb has seen two wickets fall at the other end since he got out there and he still hasn't faced a ball.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Our white ball squads have been announced. A strong T20 side that definitely has a chance of winning the series.

ODI side is poor though, with King, Pooran, Holder, Rutherford and Mayers all opting out to play T20 franchise cricket instead. What do they say in football? The games gone.

looking forward to seeing Teddy Bishop. On the Carib cricket podcast they were saying he’s arguably the best young batsman the region has produced in years.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Both Marsh and Head are fine attacking batsmen.

Marsh is finally scoring the runs that he's threatened to for years.

Head can take the game away from any attack.

But I also feel they are both more vulnerable than you'd want your 5 and 6 to be.

Head can really struggle against the short ball and is Marsh going to be able to maintain his current form or is a return to the old Marsh just around the corner.

Put it another way, they're not exactly Border and S Waugh.
Marsh is a player IMO who’s had a decent run of form but is likely to revert to the mediocre stuff he’s trotted out for most of his career. I don’t think he’s as good as Aussie pundits or the press make out.

but green at 4 makes sense taking in a long term view - he is Australia’s best young battting talent imo even if he hasn’t quite produced the goods at test level yet.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think the general consensus is that MMarsh is in one hell of a purple patch and we should all just enjoy it while it lasts, because it's certainly enjoyable, it's absolutely unexpected, and there's a very good chance it doesn't last.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see Goodwin’s son is playing. Thought he was based in England because he played used to play Sussex.

Spark

Global Moderator
Okay wtf have they done to this pitch? More wickets have fallen today than you might see in entire Shield games here.

I've heard they've carted over a drop in from Adelaide, is that true? Because if so they should leave it there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Okay wtf have they done to this pitch? More wickets have fallen today than you might see in entire Shield games here.

I've heard they've carted over a drop in from Adelaide, is that true? Because if so they should leave it there.
The batting lineup isn't particularly good tbf. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the same lineup got rolled by a Shield team. Have you been watching it or just assuming based on the score?