• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

slowfinger

International Debutant
Ehh, before the ashes he made that double hundred vs ireland. Struggled in NZ but before that he had a 9 match spree across 3 series where he averaged 45 against a good (injury struck, tbf) NZ attack in england, SA in england with a full strength attack and a working dukes, and pakistan in the UAE roads.

I don't think he's perfect, but from my memory of county cricket there's noene spectacular kicking down the door right now, and pope's the best non root #3 england have had in AGES.
so what you're basically saying is that English cricket can't produce any batsmen that can average over 35 in Tests? to be fair you may be true, what a sorry state of affairs

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean yeah that was the case for about 10 years.

Pretty much all of England's top 6 averaged over 40 last year though, have we all forgotten?

kevinw

International 12th Man
Once Pope gets out of Kennington, he becomes a totally different batter. He's had the luxury of mostly batting in the middle order and still has a mediocre Test record. He wouldn't be in the starting XI for me, let alone VC.

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
Gawaskar is right. These Western media and Former cricketer need to show the mirror when comes to talk about pitches .india can prepare any pitch they want to prepare.they need to shut their mouth . Indian players and fan were/ are never cry about SENA nation pitches .

Owzat

U19 Captain
Probably best to put the old boy out to grass now (not a green top though).
I think it's a bit hard to suggest preparing a pitch to spin which favours the home side is quite the same as producing a poor pitch then choosing to bat first on it, the latter is just stupid to even contemplate being the case

it is possible to get a pitch wrong, maybe saffers were trying to load the dice on the pitch and got it wrong, but then so do India at times