• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

kevinw

International 12th Man
Also love that on their podcast they get Harmison’s views and then he qualifies them by saying he didn’t actually watch the match in question. Cheers Steve
If it's an away series, I'm surprised he doesn't spend the whole commentary gig homesick and phoning his analysis in.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder if Tongue is fit, he was replaced by Potts for the Windies ODI's.

The Dawson non-selection stinks.

If he wasn't the VC I don't think he makes the team. Strongest Top 7 would be Crawley, Duckett, Bairstow, Root, Brook, Stokes, Foakes which also gives you the best keeper and someone who can play spin too.
You do remember what happened last time bairstow batted at 3 in india, right?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Think Bazball will present quite a formidable challenge for India. Expect England to nick one test and maybe even 2 if things go their away. India are in a bit of a transition period.

3-1 to India or 2-2 for me.
I’ll be amazed if England win the series though as they have an inferior bowling attack.

danzydab

U19 Debutant
Duckett and Brook will be key for England. Ollie Pope has been very poor vs spin, but who knows, he could surprise everyone.

Im assuming Liam Dawson chose the ILT20 contract over playing in India, there is no other valid reason why selectors ignored him. Hope he gets called back in the 3rd test or something.

Not sure how Jimmy will go, he was awful in the ashes, but has had a very long rest and should be fresh, he has done pretty well in Asian conditions past few years.

slowfinger

International Debutant
If Pope has a stinker this series, is it time to start questioning his place in the side?

His Ashes was cut short, but not breathtaking to say the least, he may have been called to be dropped sooner anyway. He averages 15 against Aus and 20 vs India at the moment.

It's still early days but would you be a bit worried? My key concern is that I just don't think he's demonstrating he has the bottle for tough innings against quality bowling. All well and good panning Ireland for a double century but can you do that against the big teams?

whereas Crawley is showing that he has it in him, even if it doesn't come out on a regular basis. So I understand persisting with him maybe moreso (wasn't saying that before the Ashes mind)

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If Pope has a stinker this series, is it time to start questioning his place in the side?

His Ashes was cut short, but not breathtaking to say the least, he may have been called to be dropped sooner anyway. He averages 15 against Aus and 20 vs India at the moment.

It's still early days but would you be a bit worried? My key concern is that I just don't think he's demonstrating he has the bottle for tough innings against quality bowling. All well and good panning Ireland for a double century but can you do that against the big teams?

whereas Crawley is showing that he has it in him, even if it doesn't come out on a regular basis. So I understand persisting with him maybe moreso (wasn't saying that before the Ashes mind)
Ehh, before the ashes he made that double hundred vs ireland. Struggled in NZ but before that he had a 9 match spree across 3 series where he averaged 45 against a good (injury struck, tbf) NZ attack in england, SA in england with a full strength attack and a working dukes, and pakistan in the UAE roads.

I don't think he's perfect, but from my memory of county cricket there's noene spectacular kicking down the door right now, and pope's the best non root #3 england have had in AGES.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
where are we discussing the offensive move from the english to bring a personal chef to india

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Ehh, before the ashes he made that double hundred vs ireland. Struggled in NZ but before that he had a 9 match spree across 3 series where he averaged 45 against a good (injury struck, tbf) NZ attack in england, SA in england with a full strength attack and a working dukes, and pakistan in the UAE roads.

I don't think he's perfect, but from my memory of county cricket there's noene spectacular kicking down the door right now, and pope's the best non root #3 england have had in AGES.
Bohannon?